Hair today...gone tomorrow

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hair today...gone tomorrow

Postby highlandcow » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Men...how do you feel about balding? And ladies....how do you feel about your partner's hair disappearing?

My other half is 21 and his hair is receding at some speed (there's a recent pic of us in Chit Chat in case you need a visual...)
He's really quite worried about it, which I can understand, as he had a lot more when I met him 2 years ago (maybe it's me! :o )
It doesn't bother me, but he is doing everything to cover it.

How do others feel?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Hair today...gone tomorrow

Postby rufio89 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 am

I'll admit I prefer a man with hair, but once theyre starting to bald I think they're better off doing it with dignity! Nothing worse than someone trying to cover up their balding, it just seems to accentuate it. I think once men start to bald they should just shave it off and be done with it!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am

I agree with Rufio. If I was to start going bald I'd shave it all off and try to get used to the new look.

In my view someone who's very obviously going bald has to put up with other people noticing and their own embarrassment (if that's how they feel about it). Better to just take it all off.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 am

My husbnad was goi8ng grey and bald at 21.
I agree the worst thing to do is try to hide it and not accept it. Much more difficult if you have a horrible shaped head.
Tell him to go shorter in stages so it's not as much of a shock.

Let's be honest it is much more of a problem if a girl loses her hair. :o
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 am

It's just not very convincing is it?

http://jianna91.files.wordpress.com/201 ... mbover.jpg
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm

rufio89 wrote:http://jianna91.files.wordpress.com/201 ... mbover.jpg

Oh my. What a horrible look! Well, I can safely say that Mr HC's hair is nothing like that. It's still lovely and thick at the back just receding at the front.
I think he'd have a fit if I suggested shaving it off, I think he just wants to disguise the receding bits.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 am

You cant hide the receeding bits unfortunately. Unless he wants to get hair plugs! But he will have to come to that decision in his own time I suppose
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 am

I do strongly prefer men to have hair, although I'd never choose or discard a boyfriend on that basis. I really feel for men who go bald young and hate it, and if they want to get plugs good luck to them.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Weasley » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

My ex boyfriend wasn't going bald - he was just going gray at the tender age of 28. Saying that - I also discovered a few stray gray hairs the other day when I putting my hair up...NOT happy, I'm thinking the dye needs to come out.

I also prefer men with hair, and I don't mind gray at all - I actually find it quite endearing :) I have a friend who is 30 and VERY thin on top, but still tries to stick it up and style it. I think it would be better if he shaved it off...
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I dont mind grey hair at all either. A guy I know is starting to grey slightly and he's got REALLY paranoid about it. I get grey hairs, I have done since I was about 16!! It's been a long time since I saw my natural hair colour though so I have no idea what it would be like now!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 pm

It's good to hear other people's opinions on this. I keep seeing adverts for regain products on telly, but I don't want to mention them to him, as he's really sensitive about it and might think I'm criticising him. Balding is a funny thing when you think about it, isn't it? I wonder why we have evolved to loose hair, when you'd think it would be more essential to have it in old age. :-? :-?

I have discreetly checked out the hairlines of his Dad and grand-dad and they have receded too but not quite as far. But e has a cut recently which has improved it. :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby RagDoll » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 am

My fiance is going grey. I'd say he's about 60-70% grey now and he's only 30. He's been going grey since I first met him though, which is about 5-6 years ago. I don't mind it at all, it quite suits him!

Highland Cow, male baldness runs in the female line of the family, so check out his Grandad's hair on his Mum's side :wink:
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:52 pm

RagDoll wrote:Highland Cow, male baldness runs in the female line of the family, so check out his Grandad's hair on his Mum's side

Really Ragdoll? I didn't know that. I've obviously been eyeing up the wrong people. :oops: :oops:

Does your fiancée's hair bother him?

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

It doesn't bother him I don't think. I guess it's such a gradual change that you just get used to it. His Mum went really grey when she was in her 20s too (but she dyes it blonde so you don't notice). He's still got really thick hair so I suppose that's something!

He does keep winding me up by saying that he's going to dye his hair just before our wedding day so I'll be like 'wow, you look ten years younger!', but that's just him being silly lol.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

RagDoll wrote:He does keep winding me up by saying that he's going to dye his hair just before our wedding day so I'll be like 'wow, you look ten years younger!', but that's just him being silly lol.

That would be really odd! :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat