Sleep behaviour

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sleep behaviour

Postby highlandcow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Would you be worried about this?

My boyfriend has always talked in his sleep, which up until now I've found quite sweet and funny but last night he woke me up about 4 times, jerking awake and shouting. And more bizzarely, switching lamps on on his bedside table and leaving them on. When I woke up, he said he didn't know why the lights were on.

Is this sleepwalking? Or something else. I'm worried to be honest. It's quite odd. :o
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Sleep behaviour

Postby Skarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I sleep talk, and act out dreams when I am stressed. It is fairly normal I think and it only really happens when I am stressed.

Is your bf worrying about anything?
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Sleep behaviour

Postby highlandcow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Skarlet,

Thanks for your reply. He is stressed at the moment, he's got exams coming up and he's thinking of changing Uni's.

It's just really bizarre and it freaked me out a bit having lights randomly switched on in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. :o
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Sleep behaviour

Postby Skarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm

highlandcow wrote:Hi Skarlet,

Thanks for your reply. He is stressed at the moment, he's got exams coming up and he's thinking of changing Uni's.

It's just really bizarre and it freaked me out a bit having lights randomly switched on in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. :o

I Pulled a pillow from under my exes head as I thought insects were running over the bed.

I have also woken myself up shouting. At least he isn't sleepwalking or putting looroll in the fridge.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Skarlet wrote:At least he isn't sleepwalking or putting looroll in the fridge.

Yeah that's true... :-?

Skarlet wrote:I Pulled a pillow from under my exes head as I thought insects were running over the bed.

Haha...I don't blame you, that actually sounds terrifying.

His exams are quite soon, so I'm hoping that this stops after that, when he's relaxed a bit. The sleep talking is cute but this lights on business is a bit of a pain.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Sleep behaviour

Postby Skarlet » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 pm

highlandcow wrote:
Skarlet wrote:At least he isn't sleepwalking or putting looroll in the fridge.

Yeah that's true... :-?

Skarlet wrote:I Pulled a pillow from under my exes head as I thought insects were running over the bed.

Haha...I don't blame you, that actually sounds terrifying.

His exams are quite soon, so I'm hoping that this stops after that, when he's relaxed a bit. The sleep talking is cute but this lights on business is a bit of a pain.

I am sure that it will once his exams are done. I settle down when I am not stressed.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 04, 2012 11:02 am

Just to add if you do find him up and walking about don't touch him, apparently it can be really dangerous. I used to sleep walk and even went out the front door naked when I was younger.My mum called me for dinner so I came back in :o Just tell him to come back to bed if you do find him up.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical