Pill/ Anti-Biotics/ Condoms

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby busybee » Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Everyone,

I think I might be worrying over nothing but hey thats just me.

I have been with by boyfriend for over a year now and I am on the POP and we always use condoms as I really do not want to get pregnant. Yesterday morning I went to the doctors and received antibiotics. Before taking them I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke ( I dont mean ripped I mean it had completely fallen apart). I decided not to take my antibiotics yesterday but I have started taking it this morning. Does anyone know if I am protected against pregnancy? I think I am as the Pill should have still been working? But having never really needed to rely on the pill before I am nervous.

I am in my final year on university and sitting exams for the next four weeks. Immediately after my exams I am due to start a new job so could really do without this worry :(

xxx
busybee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Pill/ Anti-Biotics/ Condoms

Postby seksiclaire » Sun May 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi hun, as you are probably aware some anti-biotics can stop the pill from working, however as you didnt actually take the anti-biotic before you had sex, the contraceptive pill you took the day before you had sex should still have protected you for the 24 hours after that. If you are unsure, take a pregnancy test but i would say there is a small chance you could fall pregnant when you are taking the pill aswell. Be careful while you are on anti-biotics when having sex, i know you use condoms aswell which is sensible but they can easily break as you have found out xx
seksiclaire
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby busybee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 am

Hi me again....

It has now been 3 weeks since the incident and I am now 2 days late for my period as it was due Friday. I took a pregnancy test friday and it was negative and then took one first thing this morning which was also negative. Yesterday I experienced a tiny bit of spotting but today it seems to have disappeared again.

I am reallly worrying about this now. I have my final uni exam friday and feel like im going to fail as cannot concentrate to revise.

Any ideas whats happening? xxxxx
busybee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Skarlet » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 am

Go and see your doctor. They are going to be the only person who can set your mind at rest.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby busybee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi ,

Just thought i would post an update as I hate it when people don't. I came on my period this morning so I can stop worrying now. Thanks for the advise
busybee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Good news. Thanks for letting us know :)
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Physical