skinny girl; exercise?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

skinny girl; exercise?

Postby rebekah » Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Hello :)

I'm a skinny girl and this is not being said in a boastful way as it's something I can be quire self conscious about. I am about 5ft 6 and I am 8 and half stone and I am not skin an bones at all and I eat loadsss I just don't seem to put the weight on. My question is, I want to start cycling just to get some leg toning as Im going away for summer and I just would like toned legs :) BUT my fear is any tiny little jiggly bits I have I DON'T WANT TO LOSE so will cycling cause me to lose weight?
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: skinny girl; exercise?

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Rebekah,

For someone your height and weight your BMI is completely normal. Granted it's at the lower end of normal, but still, you're not medically under-weight.

Young people particularly quite often have extremely high metabolisms with the result that you can eat like a horse and yet put on virtually nothing, and there's nothing wrong with that. As with any exercise your body is going to burn fat and build muscle, and with cycling and majority of that is going to be happening in your legs and bum.

Just take the usual precautions: drink plenty and eat healthily.

If you're really concerned about the effects of exercise why not pop in to your local gym and ask to speak to one of the fitness trainers? They'll be able to tell you fairly precisely what effect the kind of exercise you're planning will have on your body.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rebekah » Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 pm

oh thanks for that BMI info :) although I have been to the doctors only about 2 weeks ago and she said it was low? Brilliant, bum and legs is what I want to tone up :) thank you!
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 24, 2012 3:15 pm

yoga and pilates are a great way to tone without doing cardio
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical