Thank Crunchie It's Friday..

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Thank Crunchie It's Friday..

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Look how much I used to love posting in this thread, ha :lol:

Was quite funny reading some old posts actually - I was rambling about turning 25 and now I'm 27, and about wishing I could move back to my home town, which I have done now :)

What do people have planned then?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Good to see you posting again.

Not much planned this weekend - just watch all the footy matches and i'm going for a walk around the lake shortly.

I know that i'm working over the weekend of silverstone though, 5:30am to 6:30pm! I'll be dead by the end of it, I hope the planes/heli's passengers are sympathetic :roll: :lol:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:23 pm

I dont really have anything planned this weekend, I'm really skint and all my friends are away so I'll be drifting around a bit I imagine! I went on a date with a guy on Monday so I'm sort of hoping he'll ask me to do something over the weekend!

Oh, and I'm making Father's Day Dinner for my parents & siblings on Sunday evening.

What about you Ragdoll? Your wedding must be coming up soon?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:00 pm

You must quite like him if you're hoping for a second date :) Fingers crossed!

Yeh, wedding is on 29th August so not that long now. I am trying to chip away at the plans and do little things most days. Tonights task is to look through the song list for our string quartet and decide what we would like them to play. I have been trying to come up with our table plan but it's more difficult than it sounds!

I'm going to my friend's daughter's christening on Sunday. Got my parents coming over for tea when we get back. Can't cook as we won't have time, so we're having pate, cheese, french bread etc. Should be yummy!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Wow. Not long now before your wedding, Ragdoll! :) I bet you are excited and nervous all at the same time. :)

I hope you have heard from your date, rufio :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:41 am

How was everyones weekend? My weekend was quite busy in the end, although I do feel a bit like I went to bed Friday night and now I've woken up and it's Monday again! Friday night I went to a friends house and stopped there, watched films and stuff, it was really nice. Saturday I had to go into town to the bank and stuff, and I got a dress for my friends wedding on Friday.

The date guy texted me on Saturday afternoon saying someone had given him a ticket for this event he'd just arrived at, he wasnt sure what time it finished but would i like to meet for a drink when he got out if it wasnt too late, so I got quite excited about that, but he text me at just gone midnight saying it went on longer than he'd expected and could we do something another time. He spoke to me on facebook chat last night and said he's working away all week but did I want to do something Saturday night, so we have plans for then (although I'm not holding on to that too much as I'm not sure how reliable/interested he is now).

Yesterday was a rough day, my Dad had said some things needed collecting from my Grandmas house before it's sold so I volunteered to drive up in his place. One of my friends came with me which was helpful, but it was the first time I'd been to her house since the funeral (almost a year now), and I broke down literally the second I walked through the door. I also visited her grave, which again was very difficult. I think I'm glad I went, but I'm feeling a bit shaky today.

Did you pick the songs RagDoll? I remember my friend bursting into tears trying to sort out the table plans for her wedding!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 am

Yeh, it is starting to feel a bit more real and exciting now Captain. Starting to get a bit nervous about whether we've thought of everything we should have done up to this point... it's hard to know when you've never done it before!

We never did get around to picking out the songs Rufio, need to do it this week sometime. We're slacking!! The table plan is still up in the air, I keep moving people around but can't seem to get it right. There's two tables which just don't work. There's slightly too many people for 6 tables, but too few for 7.

Sounds like you had a bit of a rough weekend Rufio. Hope you're feeling a bit better now. It must have been hard going back to your Grandma's. I didn't go back to my Grandma's house after she passed away, but my parents did and I know they found it really difficult.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24 am

It has reached that magical time of the week folks :D

What has everyone got planned?
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 am

My friend is getting married today, so I am at work this morning then home at lunch to get ready, very excited! Then tomorrow morning I am sleeping off my inevitable hangover (haha) and then I SHOULD be going out with that guy this Saturday instead of last Saturday (keep your fingers crossed he doesnt cancel!)

So quite excited about the weekend, all in all!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:42 am

That sounds like a fun weekend!

What are you doing with date guy?

My fiance and I are going to a nice Italian for lunch tomorrow with my parents, my Uncle and Aunt and some family friends to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. The plan is to have starters and mains and then have desserts and more drinks back at my parent's. Should be good.

The rest of the weekend we'll just be playing by ear. The forecast is rubbish.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

We're just going out for a drink at a pub that's about halfway between our two houses (turns out we only live about a mile apart, so that's pretty good!). I'm looking forward to it, but because we're doing something so casual I'm kinda freaking out about what to wear now, and because Ive been thinking so much about this wedding, I hadnt given the date much thought until last night when he texted me (he said he was looking forward to Sat, :) yay). So I'm going to have a quick look in town at lunch to see if I can find a new top or something - I feel so much better when Im in new clothes! Silly, but works!

Oooh that sounds lovely, I havent been out for dinner in ages and that just made my mouth fill with saliva, haha.

It's so rubbish isnt it?! My friend's a bit gutted about the weather for her wedding, they deliberately chose a place with beautiful gardens and stuff!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 am

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the clothing thing. A new outfit always makes me feel more confident!

What a shame for them :(
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Ragdoll, I can understand what you mean about your up and coming wedding. You'll get there though! I hope you have nice weather for it though!

Ruth, I hope you're feeling better about things since visiting your grans house. It will take time but you'll get there.
I hope you enjoy the wedding today and good luck with tomorrows date :D
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 pm

How did your date go Rufio?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

I dunno. The date seemed to go well, we were laughing a lot and it was really fun, and at the time I was thinking "ahh I really like this guy".

But then the next day I wasnt feeling so sure. My ex has been in touch with me, and while I would never in a million years get back with him or even consider meeting up with him, it's spun my head a bit hearing from him and it's made me feel like I just cant be bothered with getting involved with anyone.

Also, I know it's only Monday, but I've not heard from the date-guy, so maybe he's not interested anyway. I dont know. I might be feeling better about it in a couple of days but at the moment I feel a bit like "arghhhh noooooo, men stay AWAY!"
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat