Tarot

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Tarot

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Does anyone have any experience with tarot readings and psychic stuff?

My aunt (the biggest sceptic in Scotland) had a reading done a few years ago and she said she was blown away, as they knew so much that she hadn't even told her own parents. And yet her brother (my Dad) would dismiss it as a load of rubbish.

Her experience has always niggled at me and now I'd like to give it a go, just to see what it's all about.

Has anyone on here had it done? How did you find it?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Tarot

Postby captainf » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 pm

My uncle had something like that done about 8yrs ago or so. He said it was pretty accurate but back then he was confused when she said something about a Police constable in the family. I said to him maybe she was confused with the airline pilot uniform (what I wanted to be up until a year ago) And, well, you know what I want to be now..!
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Wow that's pretty cool. :)

When my aunt had hers done, they immediately picked up on the fact that she'd had a miscarriage about 12 years previously.

Makes you think doesn't it...

I've booked an appointment for a reading. It's not for a couple of weeks, but I'm pretty nervous now!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Strange stuff eh!

Good luck with that. Let me know how it goes :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

I went to have my reading this evening. She wasn't actually a tarot reader, she was more like a fortune teller.

It was very interesting. I went with an open mind, but decided not to take it too seriously. I got a CD of it as well to take away and listen to it, which was good as it went on for about an hour and I'd never remember it all. :roll:

She said things like she could see me standing by water (I do live quite near to the river) and that she could see me struggling with a lot of pain and trying to cover it up, which again does apply to me but could to most people. But then she did pick up on the fact that I've had hip surgery and that my aunt has cancer and that I have doubts about my job and the line of work I'm in. I need to be doing something more creative.

I asked about my love life and she said that me and my ex had known each other in a past life which is why we'd had such an instant, powerful connection and why it's hurting so much to let it go. Our relationship was all about unfinished business from that past life. And over the next two months I'm going to be a lot more vulnerable (so I'll look forward to that) :o

Apparently I will meet a new partner, in about a year, we'll have a very short engagement and be married soon after we meet. I'll have one child with this man and there may not be another one, there is an issue about a second child, there might be a miscarriage or it just might not happen a second time.

I'm not sure if this is all genuine of course, or just stabs in the dark, but it was interesting all the same.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll start saving for a hat anyway, just in case :wink:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Wow. How do you feel about all that?
Do we all get an invite to the wedding? :D
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Of course! :D

I'm not sure how I feel about it really. One the one hand, she wouldn't have known about my hip surgery and the fact that my aunt has recovered from cancer, but it might have just been a case of telling me what I want to hear, when she talked about me getting married and stuff.

It's interesting the way she said about me and my ex knowing each other in a past life. I guess it explains why we instantly felt so comfortable with each other, but it's sad all the same to hear it.

I might go back in a few months and see what else she can see.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat