Morning after pill

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Morning after pill

Postby pod11 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:38 am

I had to take the morning after pill twice in about 9 days, stupid I know but both times the condom broke which I know sounds like bad excuses but it's true. Both times I took it within 24 hours. After I took it the first time I got a normal period. The second time I took it was just after my period was finished and this time my period is late by about 4/5 days. I know taking one pill is alot for the body to take so two can really affect your periods but i'm really worrying and stressing. I'm giving it a few more days before I chat with someone and get thier advice but is this something that can happen because of the ammount of hormones in the pills and has it hapend to anyone else. Even if people don't have exact answers I just needed to get this off my chest really but anything would be greatly apreciated.
pod11
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Morning after pill

Postby Bel Bel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 pm

The morning after pill is a high dose of pill and the second time was just after your period so you would have been unlikely to be ovulating then, basically I think you will be ok
If condoms don't suit you go to doctor and get some suitable contraception sorted
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby pod11 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Bel Bel, me and my boyfriend are fine with using condoms and I have been to get the contraceptive pill to use along side them but I was hoping to start taking it when my period started which still hasn't hapened yet. I'm just gonna have to have a horrible time waiting I think.
pod11
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby snail » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:38 am

Why don't you just buy a pregnancy test from the chemist to put your mind at rest? It would only take a minute or two to do.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pod11 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm

That was gonna be my next step but have got my period and started on the contraceptive pill and will be using condoms as well. A horrible experience waiting and a lesson that being completely safe is probably using two methods of protection. Thanks for the responces.
pod11
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Remember to check whenever your given other medication whether it affects your pill, antibiotics do, also if you are sick or get diarrhea within a couple of hours of taking your pill it can affect it. Aslo if you miss one it can of course. Your instrcution leaflet will help you with some of these issues but the commonist thing I hear from girls is that they don't realise antibiotics stop it working.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical