inappropriate feelings for co-worker

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

inappropriate feelings for co-worker

Postby southwestgirl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't even think there is an answer for this problem . . . . . I just wanted to get it off my chest, anonymously!

Here is a bit about my background, I am a 20 year old female, I have been out (ish, only friends know) for 2 years, I have always known I'm a lesbian I just wanted to be sure before I told my close friends.

I have been at my current job for almost a year now, and a woman who I work with started at the same time as me, we instantly clicked from our first shift together, and after about a month or so of working closely together I started feeling attracted to her, I think she is gorgeous, we laugh and joke all the time at work as we have the same kind of sarcastic humour, and we can just talk for ages, but the thing is that she's about 25 years older than me! to be fare she does not at ALL look or act her age, she acts younger and I act older so it balances out well, I mean her kids are older than I am for god sake, it is totally inappropriate for me to have these kind of thoughts about her! I know I cant do anything, but she is all I think about when I'm there, and when I'm at home, I'm hoping its just a phase, but never had these feelings before!

just wanted to get it out there, feel free to write your comments and opinions below!
southwestgirl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: inappropriate feelings for co-worker

Postby mattmxl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:33 am

Well I suppose you can't really help who you like but the situation is frought with dangers. Is this woman involved with anyone else, is she even a homosexual? See, if you're both single there's less of a problem, age gaps just seem to be accepted these days. But if you try anything and it's not reciprocated then the working environment could become awkward. I guess you gotta just continue to enjoy her company and temper these feelings you have as much as you can.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby southwestgirl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am

she is single but im pretty sure she is straight, i would hate to make things awkward so i will just enjoy her company, thanks for your help :)
southwestgirl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mattmxl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Well I would definitely find that out first before you go making any plays lol. But yea, proceed with caution!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Sexuality