Home and Away - where are you??

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Home and Away - where are you??

Postby Skarlet » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Welcome back Pink Stripes
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:48 am

Sorry I havent been around much lately. Alot has been happening. A few weeks after I came out of hospital my nan went to cornwall and fell ill down there. She had her ovaries removed and wasnt allowed to travel for a while. She returned home a week ago. However, her ovaries had 2 big absesses on each of them and they are currently doing tests on them to see if they are cancerous. Nan has up and down days at the moment but seemed quite poorly today. Hopefully she will be okay though.

On the upside I got to do some flying last week. Over two days I flew to duxford, little snoring and also coventry. Inbound to duxford we had an engine problem and diverted to fowlmere airfield where we rectified the problem and carried on. I took alot of inflight photos.

My eczema seems to be good too considering all thats going on of late.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby everloney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello all,

I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long. So much in my life has changed... and all for the better. I told you all about my BF right? Well he is now my husband and we are very very happy. I have that deep connection I was looking for. My best friend :). I guess I'm not Everlonely anymore!! I used to think I would never find someone and be eaten by cats when I died alone in my sleep...

my work situation is soooo much better, I have a new job in a new lab and my new boss is alot nicer to me. I even work normal hours and not weekends. Everything is significantly better in my life. I am happy and content.

However, I missed you all, the people that supported me without ever meeting me. You are all so great and I wanted to come back and start posting again! So here I am! I am reading everyones posts trying to get updated! (congrats bel bel!) and please message me your updates. I plan to stick around abit longer this time ;)
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Wow Everloney, That is great news... Congratulations!
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm

I couldn't be more pleased :D Congratulations!

It will be lovely to have you around again as well.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi guys, I'm actually in London now. I may have actually seen some of you without knowing it. :P

Can anyone recommend things to do here? I'll be here for about a week.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jayz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to say hello. I am from South Wales, born and bred, but I moved to Germany 6 months ago. I have lived abroad before, in Italy, France and Australia, but this is the first time that I have lived somewhere where I don't speak the language. It is tricky but I am definitely learning and getting stronger for the experience of being out of managing when outside of my comfort zone.

It looks like you have a great community here and I am really pleased to be a part of it :)
Jayz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Jayz wrote:I am from South Wales, born and bred, but I moved to Germany 6 months ago. I have lived abroad before, in Italy, France and Australia, but this is the first time that I have lived somewhere where I don't speak the language. It is tricky but I am definitely learning and getting stronger for the experience of being out of managing when outside of my comfort zone.

Wow that's amazing. I wish I had the stones to do something like that.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Guys

I,m back. sorry haven,t been on much just been a roller coaster of a year so far with my ongoing custody battle for my son but also had some good things happen as in i got married on the 2nd june so not been all bad in 2012. Have a feeling the rest of the year will be up and down and i,ll keep popping back on to let you know. Take care guys BRFC
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Congratulations on getting married BRFC :P
I noticed on the other post you said your wife but I didn't want to pry as you hadn't announced it to us all before
(Suspect that's because you knew you wouldn't have a big enough house to take in all the gifts we would have bought you :lol:)

Anyway welcome back, it's always good to have you around :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 pm

I won't be around for at least a week
Hope I don't miss anything too exciting
:P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Hope you're going somewhere nice Bel?

Will you bring us back some treats? :)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Bel has promised to send us a postcard every day, AND bring us all a stick of rock!

She's going to try and find ice cream flavour rock for me. :wink:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby highlandcow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:34 pm

peecee wrote:Bel has promised to send us a postcard every day, AND bring us all a stick of rock!

Oooh! I'm looking forward to chomping on my rock.
Please send to Highlandcow c/o PP. :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry I haven't been about much lately. I've been studying a level 3 diploma in Criminology before applying to the police. The diploma is going excellently, almost halfway through :)
Sadly though I lost my job 3 weeks ago as the company closed down.. also my mum worked her last day today in the shop worked in also due to redundancy.. on Saturday our neighbour and good friend passed away due to cancer and this evening my nans brother died after a rapid onset of pneumonia.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat