Getting Wed...

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Getting Wed...

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 pm

... in four weeks tomorrow - eek!!!

That is all really, haha 8)

I am both stressy and excited. I possibly shouldn't admit this, but I am looking forward to our honeymoon more than the big day. All the pressure will be off then, and it'll be nice to have some relaxing time, just the two of us... (cue song!).

Does anyone have any advice about the run up to the wedding/the big day? Everyone keeps telling me to try and relax on the day and enjoy it as much as possible because it flies by.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Getting Wed...

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Eek how exciting! Where are you heading for your honeymoon? (I think youve said, but I cant remember).

Having never had a wedding myself, I cant really offer any advice, but just try to keep your cool and dont get too drunk at the wedding!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:59 pm

We're going to Sorrento in Italy...

lots of pizza, pasta and ICE CREAM!!! :D
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 pm

rufio89 wrote:keep your cool and dont get too drunk at the wedding!

I agree. Try to keep as relaxed as you can, and don't stress it over the little things.

Also, stay away from drunk guests holding red wine. At my cousin's wedding someone spilt red wine down her dress at the end of the night.... :o
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Ticktock » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

First if you have organised most of the wedding yourself spend the next few weeks getting someone else up to speed so when something goes wrong (which it will!) then they can run around making sure the right starter gets served or your mother and mother-in-law are dragged off each other...

Save the drinking for the honeymoon as well as the naughty stuff as you will be too tired for anything by the end of it!

Try and make time to say thank you to everyone who came, and if your feet ache take those heels off...

Try and catch the look in his eye when he first sees you walking down the aisle, that will carry you through the day.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 am

Yes I agree don't start drinking too early. My hubby can barely remember the evening.

Don't expect wedding night nookie either as you'll both probably be too knackered. My hubby feel asleep the second we got back to the room :roll:

Don't worry if anything goes wrong it ends up being a good talking point later. At mine a +1(who I hardly knew) ending up hitting my best friends bloke. I was quietly pleased as I detest him :P

Sorrento should be amazing. Italy is beautiful and the food is awesome. You will probably come back a stone heavier unless you do lots of bedroom gymnastics :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:52 pm

highlandcow wrote:Also, stay away from drunk guests holding red wine. At my cousin's wedding someone spilt red wine down her dress at the end of the night....

#-o I would be soooo upset if someone did that - I know they obviously won't have done it on purpose.. but you'd still be gutted!

Ticktock wrote:First if you have organised most of the wedding yourself spend the next few weeks getting someone else up to speed so when something goes wrong (which it will!)then they can run around

I tried to do this by sending my bridesmaids the basic itinerary for the day, but one of them commented that that obviously means I am getting stressed... which made me feel like she's thinking I am expecting too much. Kind of annoyed me as I haven't asked them to do anything thus far but turn up to their dress fittings! Perhaps I am turning into a bridezilla in the run up....

Bel Bel wrote:You will probably come back a stone heavier unless you do lots of bedroom gymnastics

:lol: I couldn't possibly comment!!!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 pm

RagDoll wrote:highlandcow wrote:
Also, stay away from drunk guests holding red wine. At my cousin's wedding someone spilt red wine down her dress at the end of the night....

I would be soooo upset if someone did that - I know they obviously won't have done it on purpose.. but you'd still be gutted!

I think it happened towards the end of the night, and by that time I think she saw the funny side. I think the person who did it was more upset by it...
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 am

Apparently if you put white wine on a red wine stain quite quickly after it happens it stops it staining - never tried it but heard it a few times

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

I've heard that too. I'd be scared of making the whole thing worse though!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes, that's featured in one of my favourite Viz top tips:

White wine splashed onto a red wine stain will clean it up quickly. Similarly, fat splashes on clothes can be easily removed by rubbing salad onto the affected area.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby highlandcow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 pm

snail wrote:Similarly, fat splashes on clothes can be easily removed by rubbing salad onto the affected area.

Will that work on my thighs?

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm

oh if only :-?

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:30 am

highlandcow wrote:
snail wrote:Similarly, fat splashes on clothes can be easily removed by rubbing salad onto the affected area.

Will that work on my thighs?

:lol:

3 weeks today!!! :o

I feel like there is no spare capacity in my mind to think about anything but the wedding now! I don't think I really appreciated how much organising goes into weddings and it's not even like we're having a big affair.

I will always appreciate them so much more in the future!!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm

So, are you married now? :) Congrats if so :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat