Im not happy and everything seems too hard :-(

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Im not happy and everything seems too hard :-(

Postby alphamach » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:33 am

Nothing is going well - income, relationships

I want to live a certain life and I cannot seem to make it work and right now I am all over the place :-(
alphamach
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Im not happy and everything seems too hard :-(

Postby mattmxl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 am

What is this certain life that you wish you were living?
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Alphamach
You really need to be a bit more specific so we can try to help the best we can

I would say that most people I know are not living the life they would like but are doing there best in the circumstances.

If you want a career change then you probably need to get some qualifications in your area of interest or is it just you need a temporary income boost? If yes have you got items you can sell on e bay? Would a second job help, maybe part time in a bar to help improve your social life at the same time. Get advertising on your car (if you have one). You would have to research this but apparently there are some good companies out there that pay good money to put adverts on your car. Car boot some old junk (one mans junk is another mans treasure). Do you have any gold to sell. There are lots of places taking it for good prices. Again research it - moneysupermarket usually tell you some of the best -places to sell it.

Let us know anything specific we can help you with
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Try to keep in mind that just because you see people living a "better" life, it doesn't necessarily mean they are happy.

Try and be happier with where you are in life.

Bel Bel has made some really good suggestions, but maybe look into why you're feeling this down. I've been having counselling recently, and LOADS of stuff has been coming out and I've been coming to terms with a lot of buried issues.
Maybe look into that.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby alphamach » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Thank you for your replies

This certain life I want to live is at a minimum:
- A decent income £40,000 a year profit
- Good friends and social life (Being popular)
- A great life with the opposite sex
- Move out of parents

I guess I do have to help myself, I have gotten a bit stuck though. Motivation is low and unsure of the best course of action to take that will make me happy.
I seem to never be happy.
alphamach
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby mattmxl » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:58 pm

That's a problem I often have. Feeling down in the dumps and not being sure of the correct course of action to take to make myself feel happier. Everything you want that you listed is obtainable though, but it isn't going to fall into your lap unfortunately. I'd suggest getting yourself back motivated and using that list of things as the motivation within itself. Imagine how happy you will be when you obtain those things, use that as your motivation.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Alphamach

So a job way above the national average of earnings, excellent goal but do you have the skills to offer anyone. If no get on a course to rectify (open uni, evening classes etc) If you already have the skills why haven't you got this job? Is it lack of effort to look? Can you get someone to improve your CV, have you knocked on doors and tried the personnel approach.

If you join an evening class this could also help broaden your social life

Getting good friends means you need to be a good friend too. To have a great social life you need to get out there and not wait for things to happen. Arrange get togethers, nights in, nights out etc. Try to widen your social life by getting a hobby, that way you can meet like minded people.

Have you got friends you can ask to set you up on dates, join a dating service, do some speed dating (may also help swell the friends numbers too)

Move out of parents - do you currently have a job. If yes what about a house share, another way to help boost your social life too.

You have to put yourself out there to get results. No one is going to coming knocking on your door looking for you so you have to make things happen.

Also remember you will get some knock backs but pick yourself up and move on. Being low (unless a medical condition) is cheating yourself out of opportunites because whilst you waste time feeeling sorry for yourself that's time you could have used to do something productive.

One last thing not everything happens overnight so stick to your plans, try to be upbeat and just keep plugging away at your goals.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing