Sweating problem...

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sweating problem...

Postby rebekah » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 am

can anybody help or give advise in terms of stopping sweat? I seem to sweat under my arms everyday and I am a hygenic person and I am so so self conscious people can smell me!
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Sweating problem...

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 pm

I suffer terribly from hyperhydrosis - excessive sweating and agree you become really self conscious and start thinking you smell despite people inisisting you don't.
I had my arm pit glands removed back in 95. Now however they can give you a simple botox injection wherever you are having the most problems, usually the armpits.
Go and see you doctor and really emphasize how much it's effecting your self esteem. They will give you deodrant to try at first. You can only put it on every other day so it's a bit stupid if you want to go out dancing on a Friday and Saturday night. Just use it for a few weeks and if it doesn't help go back and they should offer you the botox treatment.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

I suffer from this too, I have done since school. My brother used to as well and so did my mum.

I often have to carry deodorant in my handbag so I can get through the day at work, and now the special roll-ons don't seem to be very effective.

Another thing you can do is see a dermatologist. I've got an appointment in December, just to see if they can find out where the problem stems from.
I'd like to get the glands removed too, like you did Bel, but my doc has said that he doesn't recommend people get that done any more.

You're not alone out there Rebekah! :)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rebekah » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 am

I have used a certian deodrant but it stang me and made me really sore so I stopped using it! How much is botox for it?
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 am

If talk to your doc. If it's causing severe distress then you might get it on the NHS.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Physical