Getting up in the morning

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Getting up in the morning

Postby rufio89 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 am

Hello, I thought I'd post this as a problem as I'm sure other users have the same one!

I'm definitely not a morning person, getting up in the morning is most definitely not something that comes easily, but I worked hard this year to get myself into a routine and I found it getting much easier and waking up was no longer the horror it always had been, which made life much easier!

However now it's dark in the mornings again, I'm finding it harder and harder to wake up. Yesterday and today has been the first time in months that I've hit 'snooze' on my alarm clock (and this morning it kept on getting snoozed and snoozed!).

Does anyone have any tips for getting up in the morning (especially ones that are specific to the winter months?)

Thanks!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Getting up in the morning

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:04 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumie-Bodyclock ... 784&sr=8-2
There could be other cheaper ones but these work by waking you up slowly so you feel it getting lighter like you would in the summer months
Also as soon as you are up have a shower to wake yourself up
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ILoveChristmas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I agree with the daylight clock. I have one and they're fab.

The other thing I often do is leave my phone (which is also my alarm) at the other side of the room. That way I am forced to get my feet on the floor and turn it off. Once you're out of bed the hardest part is over.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby highlandcow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I also can vouch for the daylight clock. My ex had SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and it used to work for him.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Physical