Girl crush on my boss?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Girl crush on my boss?

Postby superduper » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 pm

I started a new job recently and I've got a really embarrassing problem. It's driving me mad because I'm a heterosexual married woman, and I have a major crush on my female boss. This has never happened to me before. I've never ever been attracted to a woman.

I've had crushes on male colleagues before, but they always passed quickly and were never quite like this. I'm very attracted to her and I strongly suspect that when she's around I go all stupid and doe-eyed. I would just be mortified if anyone noticed or if I was behaving super embarrassing. Or if she thinks I'm a complete retard who never seems to be concentrating on my job.

Is this a "girl crush?" (I don't even know what that is!) I'm thinking that girl crush is non-sexual attraction though.

Anyone other girls been here? Please help me behave normally!

Eek!
:oops:
superduper
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Girl crush on my boss?

Postby Skarlet » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 am

It sounds like you admire your boss for all her good qualities and the crush is coming from that rather than sexual attraction.

No one will notice it just seems bigger to you. It will fade in time.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

Most people will just put it down to nerves when the boss is around. Especially if they know you are married.
At the end of the day I suspect it will eventually pass just like any boy crush.
As long as you know it will never be anything and you don't act on it don't worry too much.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby retrochav » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I absolutely agree with the other posts, this is about a deep admiration of another persons qualities. Like hero worship, it's quite normal to look on someone's qualities and either wish you had them or your partner did. These feelings pass as you see her as a rounded human rather than a goddess. Don't worry about how you act around her, you over analys it, but no one else will be noticing it.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Work & Colleagues