Weight loss, portion control and boredom!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Weight loss, portion control and boredom!

Postby rufio89 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 am

Since I started at this new job, I've been making a point of bringing lunches with me to work and eating breakfast (Im now on an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere so it's hard for me to snack - a bit annoying, but good for me!) and the weight is starting to come off :) I've also been going to a 90 minute yoga class once a week and trying to follow this 20 minute yoga video i have another couple of times a week

aaaaaand

on Saturday, I bought my first size-10 dress since I was 17! and it wasn't a forgiving style either, but everyone was telling me how good I looked all night (even a couple of people in the ladies toilets that I'd never met :) woohoo!)

It's very exciting.

But, when I weigh myself, I dont seem to actually be losing any real weight, I've lost maybe 3 or 4 lbs, but there's been a big change to my body :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I thought I'd share this with everyone (apologies if it's been posted before!)

http://caloriecount.about.com

It's basically a calorie/exercise/nutrition logging website so you can log everythign you eat/drink/activity throughout the day and you set yourself targets (lose weight/gain weight/do more exercise/get more vitamins etc) and then you write a little bit about each day when you've completed it. It's been SUCH a help to me - just seeing it all written down helps me control my diet much better for one thing, but it's such a supportive community as well! If you comment on your day saying "feeling really awful/fat today", then within 2 minutes you'll get at least 2 or 3 people saying "dont give up! try this!" and you can support and follow other people too.

It's such a godsend.

Let me know if anyone if you join and we can be supporters of each other! :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby alphamach » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

Post Everything you eat and drink in a whole average day
then we can advise
alphamach
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby retrochav » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 pm

I am reasonably happy with my weight, although at times I wish I could discard my t-shirt and show off an amazing six pack like so many other gay guys do.....instead of a party seven (now I am showing my age too!!!).

Tired of jokes and jibes I decided to try and loose some weight. I found that drinking water helped as I mistook thirst for hunger a lot - but don't overdo it, Thames water is still missing a reservoir thanks to me!!!

Cleaning your teeth when hunger pangs strike is good - although again I ended up with gums up to my sinuses.

Probably the best workout I found was lap dancing and getting passionate with my partner. It's fun, effortless and keeps your mind off food. The weight fell off, however since being single it's back to snacking and Buddha belly!!!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby casting1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Does anyone use the nutribullet to make vegetable smoothies? And does it fill you up / taste nice?!
casting1
Just Landed
Just Landed

Previous

Return to Physical