emotional health of being verbally abused during pregnancy

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

emotional health of being verbally abused during pregnancy

Postby jjw1970 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 am

My partner is being threatened of social services which I understand that threatening behavior is a form of aggression. Social services are threatening to take her two children and our two unborn twins if she is with me the father of the twins. This is because of my past experiences which involves a lot of violence. I have done a lot of coursework to address my past behavior which was a result of abuse I suffered as a young vulnerable person in the care of the local authority on top of these threats she is being isolated by people that she loves and cares for. I was wondering what are the possible consequences are on my partners emotional health by being verbally abused and isolated and also the impact on our unborn twins who are now 26 weeks old. i have heard that stress can effect the fetus also my partner is not eating very much as a result. I do want to support her and her two children as well as our unborn twins but fear that the best result is to let her go because I don't want her to lose her children as a result of my past issues.
Last edited by jjw1970 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjw1970
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: emotional health of being verbally abused during pregnan

Postby retrochav » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 pm

You are a bit scant on detail, who is verbally abusing her, and what is being said?

Whilst stress is never ideal in pregnancy, at 26 weeks the twins shouldn't be affected physically by this. If she is otherwise healthy they will be fine. Obviously if she is tense and anxious then this will make labour more difficult, but she will presumably be in hospital and away from these people.

Social Services cannot remove children unless there is a high risk of abuse or neglect. Contrary to popular thought social workers are instructed by the children's act 1989 to only remove children as a last resort.. Believe me if children were removed on the basis of rumour and spiteful gossip then few of us would have our children, because there are many people ready to make unfounded allegations.

If you are concerned for your partner, raise it with her health visitor or midwife.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: emotional health of being verbally abused during pregnan

Postby jjw1970 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for your reply I have updated my post with more detail if u require any further info I would be glad to help
jjw1970
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing