What to do with my degree?

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What to do with my degree?

Postby kitten » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 pm

I was a member here years ago and thought I'd come back for some advice.

I have completed a degree in social sciences as an older student and don't know what to do with it :lol: I did it firstly to prove I could.

At the moment I have a good work/life balance. I work three days a week and have two children so need something to fit around them. I want to stay in the local area so I don't have to commute and that limits the possible employers pretty much NHS/Police.

So any suggestions as to what career path I could follow with my degree? I studied childhood, media and crime as my main modules along with some natural sciences as short courses.

I have an admin background and am very good in an office. I did consider teaching but I don't think my 2:2 will be enough to get anywhere with this now.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: What to do with my degree?

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello Kitten
Nice to see you back.
I don't really know what the degree involves but would suggest trying the National Careers Service firstly.
They have an online career change section on there website, might give you some inspiration.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to School, College & University