How to get an immediate alert when you have a reply...

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How to get an immediate alert when you have a reply...

Postby Elphaba_Thropp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey guys,

Is there a box I can tick for an alert to be sent to my email immediately when I get a reply to one of my threads/a thread I have been on/a private message? Thanks!! :) xx
Elphaba_Thropp
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: How to get an immediate alert when you have a reply...

Postby snail » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:10 am

If you go to your User Control Panel (upper left of the screen) and click on Edit Global Settings in the lefthand menu, there you will find the facility to receive private messages and to be alerted when one comes in. If you then click on Edit Posting Defaults (the next option down in the lefthand menu), the last check box is the one for being notified when someone replies to your thread.

I'm not sure if you get a notification for a thread you have been subscribed to (posted in), or if it's simply ones you have started, as I don't use this facility. Jo, or anyone, do you know?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get an immediate alert when you have a reply...

Postby Elphaba_Thropp » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Cheers Snail. Think I have set up my settings all that I can ;) much appreciated xx
Elphaba_Thropp
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Forum Support