Hemorrhoids/Fissure?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hemorrhoids/Fissure?

Postby xJinxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:45 am

Hi All,

First of all i'd like to apologise for the nature of this topic. Obviously it isn't the best.

During my teen years, I had a very bad diet which left me constipated a lot, I didn't have regular bowel movements.

Anyway now i'm just into my 20's I have a better diet, I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit and vegetables and i've had regular and absolutely fine bowel movements.

However, 2 days ago.. I went to the loo as normal, went about my business and when i'd finished i'd noticed the water was tinged red, I thought it was odd because I hadn't had any discomfort it was just as normal absolutely nothing wrong, yet there was also fresh blood on the loo roll, it wasn't a lot and it stopped bleeding very quickly.

The same thing happened the next day, and today the water wasn't tinged red but there was a small amount on the loo roll, I also had a bit of pain this time which I can understand... but why would this suddenly happen after everything normally being OK?
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Hemorrhoids/Fissure?

Postby snail » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm assuming you hadn't been having any 'fun' in that area with your sexual partner that might have done it? (Anal toys or anal sex can cause minor damage and bleeding). Maybe you passed a larger or harder stool than normal without knowing it?

Piles/fissures are incredibly common but officially you should mention it to your doctor so he/she can check it out.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xJinxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

No no no, definitely not! lol
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby retrochav » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Hard stools can cause minor tears, and specks of bright red fresh blood would indicate that this is the case. Even wiping hard can cause this.

That said, bleeding from the back passage must never be ignored. Likely as it is in this case to be a small tear (fissure) or perhaps a haemorrhoid, it must be checked out. Polyps (abnormal cell growth) can cause the same symptoms, and need removing. Obviously there are other more serious conditions that have these symptoms.

Please see the GP as soon as you can, use moist toilet tissue in the meantime.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby xJinxx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Everything seems to have settled now, only lasted 2 days.. nothing has changed with my stools either, must have been a minor cut or something.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby xJinxx » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Spoke too soon...

Same thing happened again today... Not loads of blood, enough to tinge the water an orangey colour, i'd say less than a teaspoon on the tissue, and again no discomfort or anything.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:29 am

It's probably a fissure (I've not heard of piles dripping blood so that the toilet water is red, but I have of fissures). The NHS website has good advice:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anal-fissu ... ction.aspx

This page is an overview - scroll through the tabs to see treatment, prevention etc.

You should consult your GP because although fissures are usually due to constipation, they can be due to other things, such as a too-tight sphincter muscle, and if this isn't treated they will re-occur.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xJinxx » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 pm

I've been fine again, no problems at all - hoping it was a one off thing!
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical