Period/Spotting

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Period/Spotting

Postby xJinxx » Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi All (Again),

Just really wanted peoples' opinions on this to be honest.

I've always had issues with my periods since I started them (14, I'm 21 now). Constantly on and off, up and down like a yo-yo.

I started dieting at 19, I lost around a stone and I found around that time that I bled on and off constantly for about 2 months - This started after a proper period and I lightly bled for the rest of the time.

I visited the doctors questioning whether I could have poly cystic ovaries and the doc said it was probably due to hormone changes to do with my dieting.

Anywho the issue cleared up and I found as I lost or gained weight, my periods would stop and start and most recently my last period was at the end of April, going over into the beginning of May.

On Monday, I had "that feeling" where I just knew my period was coming, I had a little bit of stomach ache, didn't feel a million dollars, and sure enough I thought I was about to be in full flow, anyway 3 days later i'm still bleeding but it's ridiculously light, not enough blood to warrant heavy period protection and it doesn't come any further out than my vagina (I thought if I was bleeding constantly, SURELY there would be more blood? There's less than a teaspoon.)

Is this spotting? Or could it be something to do with my diet/hormones/stress etc? Just wondering on all of your thoughts.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Period/Spotting

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 am

Your periods are so hit and miss that it could be spotting or just a light period, much the same thing really
Have you thought about taking a contraceptive pill as this will regulate things and at least give you regular periods at set times?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby xJinxx » Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm

I have thought about the pill, yes. I discussed it with my doc and I said I wanted to lose more weight to see if the pattern of my periods improved. I'm really worried about the side effects (Putting weight on etc) because I really don't need them and my weight is up and down at the moment.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm

If you are having constant weight changes the pill may actually help that.
A lot of people assume that the pill will put weight on but I have found with most people it makes no difference and there are loads of different pills to try.

Do you eat consistently or are you always trying to diet? Your weight will yo yo if you yo yo diet but if you eat consistently you will be able to maintain your weight. Remember if you are trying to lose weight beyond what your natural body size should be you will struggle to keep it off and that will make you yo yo more.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby xJinxx » Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm

My eating patterns aren't good. I can go until tea time without eating, and if I can do that I don't usually eat because I don't feel hungry. I've kind of fallen off my diet but somehow I still manage to keep off the weight i've lost.
xJinxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:16 am

It sounds like hte first thing you need to do is address your general eating habits
Eat regularly and everything in moderation.
Dieting is a short term fix you have to eat reasonably healthy most of the time if you want to maintain weight lose or you will be contiually yo yo dieting

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical