Started working right after school, now want to do A Lvls

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Started working right after school, now want to do A Lvls

Postby MCompo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I'll keep this short.

Basically during school I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life at the time, my parents who own their own business as a repair garage for commercial vehicles, pushed me into doing an apprenticeship with them which worked out at the time as I had no interest in education and it gave me a wage.

3 years down the line I'm now working in the office, my parents have split up (Dad has taken over the business), I'm living in my own flat supporting myself and my girlfriend who has an apprenticeship but gets only 100 a week, and I'm now starting to regret not choosing to go to college.

I'm looking at joining the RAF for a career change and a decent future as I don't fancy staying in my hometown in the motor trade for the rest of my life until I retire and look back and think what could I have done instead. But.. I also have an interest in physics and aerospace engineering. I have a few options in mind, go straight to the RAF as an engineer (avionics) and try to work my way up, do A-levels online for 2 years (very costly, hard work and it would be a big strain money wise) or quit my job and try to get a part time job/night shift job and try to work college around that as a full time student.

I know funding is given to 24+ and under 18s but seen as how I'm 19 and I'm currently in no real financial trouble, I can't see an easy way to do any of it.

Any help would be appreciated.
MCompo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University