Enormous crush on my boss

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Enormous crush on my boss

Postby rufio89 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I started a new job a couple of months ago and I almost immediately developed a massive crush on my married boss which has got steadily worse ever since.

I wouldn't ever dream of trying to initiate a romantic relationship with someone who was married, but I've never been in this position before and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to control your feelings in this sort of situation? I work in close contact with him every single day, I have to spend a lot of time with him for my job and I'm finding myself getting flustered when it's just the two of us in the office.

I also want to make it clear that Im not harbouring any desires that maybe he'll get sick of his wife - he's obviously happily married with a family and I there's no part of me that would want to interfere with that.

It's just a crush and hopefully my feelings will just die down naturally if I give it a bit of time, but can anyone give me any advice on how to get through this hideous discomfort I'm currently feeling?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Enormous crush on my boss

Postby snail » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 am

I can't think of much, Rufio, except to avoid him where possible (without being too obvious of course). It would also probably help if you were dating and browsing other men as well (e.g. on Match, where you mentioned you were active) even if you don't feel much like it - this will inevitably distract you a bit and remind you there are lots of men who are available and waiting.

Crushes can be really strong but, for me at least, they usually mean I'm just really lonely/bored rather than actually genuinely suited to the person.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Work & Colleagues