What would you do?

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What would you do?

Postby rainbowfish » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:21 am

I have recently been offered an amazing job opportunity which involves relocating to a place two and a half hours drive from home and also means I will be overseas for a month during my training. It's a really good company who are hard to get into. However...after my first interview my father was diagnosed with cancer. He is undergoing treatment with the aim to cure but it is a long and complex process. I am currently living in our family home and obviously him being in hospital means it is just me and mum as my elder brother moved out.

Is it selfish of me to take the job and move, leaving mum at home and only being able to visit at weekends, and being away for a month of his treatment? Or should I take this rare opportunity to start my career and new life as my dad could be well in a few months time and I may regret not taking the job?

Help!!
rainbowfish
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: What would you do?

Postby snail » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm

I think you should go for it. Neither your mum nor your dad would want you to make a big sacrifice or miss out on something important for their sake. They'd probably be pleased to know you're fulfilling your dream; it's something positive and happy to think about in the midst of sadness and worry. But if you're unsure, why not ask your mum privately first and see what she thinks?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to And the rest...