IBS Forum

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: IBS Forum

Postby CrystalStarr » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

UPDATE: Thought I'd follow on with an update for any fellow IBS sufferers reading this. It's been a few months and I'm feeling SO much better. I went to see the doctor for the third time and was prescribed Mebeverine, Omeprazole and Colpermin. I took them all to the clock for three weeks and it's like magic. I generally can go days without feeling an attack coming on (and no longer taking my tablets regularly). And if I do feel one, a dose of Mebervine and Colpermin seems to do the trick (no more Immodium hurrah!). I still get pains and feel uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the extent I did before, and I only need to go to the toilet once a day now which is like a miracle!

Other things I found helped: peppermint tea - this stuff is great and really, really helps bloating and poorly stomach - I can't recommend this enough; lemon and ginger tea; not drinking as much coffee; not drinking as many cans of fizzy pop; less chocolate :( less cheese :( less spicy things (this is the hardest to give up for me). Sometimes taking Kalms helps too, as often my IBS gets worse when I'm stressed or anxious about something.

I hope this helps, although I realise people have it much worse than me and I wish you all the best in trying to feel better.
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Good news, Crystal :) Colpermin has always helped me too. Stress is the worst thing for me, and no more than two cups a day of coffee.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CrystalStarr » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks snail. Colpermin is my saviour. And I am exactly the same - definitely no more than two cups of coffee a day for me. And I used to be such a coffee (and spice) fiend. I don't mind sacrificing it to feel better though, it's certainly worth it!
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby peecee » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:51 pm

If you're having to cut down on coffee, ginger tea made with real, grated ginger is the next best thing - it's got much more of a kick (and flavour) than the tea bags. Also licorice (or peppermint and licorice) teabags are great for tums, they're really soothing.

Can't help you with the chocolate, though... :(
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alanis100 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:55 am

Hello,

My doctor just recommended me for a trial with a Vida health coach, has anyone heard of this?
alanis100
Just Landed
Just Landed

Previous

Return to Physical