Sounds Vain but...

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sounds Vain but...

Postby VeryAnnoyed » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 pm

This is probably going to sound really vain and silly. Hence I can't speak to someone in person about it...

But basically, I live on a main road in and out of a city. I have to walk the road to and from work 5 days a week at the very minimum- and every time I get incredibly paranoid and angry with people (Men) staring through their car windows at me.

I've literally just come home from just nipping to the cashpoint about 200m away from home and 2 men decided to shout out things from their windows. And - ofcourse - many more liked to look over aswell.

I normally walk to work in a suit, if not in jeans and a top. Never anything revealing! (for this exact reason)

It's really getting to me. I'm not an item in a shop window. I am a person trying to go about daily activities.

I'm not unbelievably beautiful. Fairly average looking. I have blonde hair - I think this May be a contributing factor?

Any suggestions or help? This is getting to a point where I don't want to go out.

Thank you in advance.
VeryAnnoyed
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Sounds Vain but...

Postby reckoner » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 am

Hello and welcome.

It's silly behavoiur, which I'd guess most of them wouldn't do if they weren't in a speeding car that will be gone in a flash. I'm sure most mean no harm, and the rest probably haven't even given the harm they might be doing any thought. I think all you can do is pay plenty of no interest. If you can see them looking at you, it means you are also looking at them and that will be like a red flag to a bull so whatever you do, don't look in their direction. Listening to music as you walk will help you ignore them.

You can't control what they do, but you can control how you respond and anger and paranoia will just make you more sensitive to it and ruin your day. Try to take it as a compliment that you look good without even making much effort. I used to get wolf whistles, I don't get them so much any more... :(
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Sounds Vain but...

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:08 pm

ENJOY IT, one day you will be an old lady and are unlikely to get this level of attention.
Many girls would love to be in your position.
If this is the worst problem you have I would be grateful.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...