driving license

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

driving license

Postby ironside64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm

I suffered a seizure in september 2014. I had to surrender my driving license.
How long after recieving the consultant's report does it usually take to get my license back.
ironside64
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: driving license

Postby snail » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 pm

I think only someone that had a similar problem would know what usually happens in these situations. Can you ask the DVLA?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: driving license

Postby peecee » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:34 pm

It really depends on the consultant’s findings!

If you are actually diagnosed with epilepsy (and that’s by no means certain yet), then you need to be seizure-free for a year before you can drive again. This link to an interactive guide at the Epilepsy society might be helpful.

However, when the consultant’s report comes through, they will discuss it with you and let you know what your options are regarding driving and other changes you may need to make in your life. Even if you are not diagnosed with epilepsy, of course, they will need to know what caused the first seizure, and advise you on steps you/they can take to prevent it from happening again.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome! Let us know when the results come through, me dear.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to And the rest...