Contact during early stages of online dating?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Contact during early stages of online dating?

Postby dawolf » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:40 pm

I've been on a dating site for the last month and been having quite a lot of interest and contact with women on there. There is one who I especially like and we swapped phone numbers last week. We started off texting and then we actually spoke the other night. Had a good conversation for about half an hour. It went pretty well overall I thought apart from the odd nerves. When we hung up it was left fairly open but I suggested meeting up and she agreed saying that we could arrange it soon. So that's a good sign obviously. The thing is since we spoke 2 days ago there has been no contact. I've done all the initial texting and phoning up to now and wanted to see if she might initiate but she hasn't. I don't want to come across as too pushy but don't want to seem disinterested either. I've heard it's quite normal for women to sit back and wait? How much contact would you expect in the early stages before actually meeting up? I do plan to arrange seeing her soon as that's the only way we will know if we 'click' together.

Any advice, especially from women would be good.
dawolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Contact during early stages of online dating?

Postby rufio89 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 pm

I think if you've set the standard for doing the first contact I'd carry on contacting her. I expect she thinks you've lost interest. Text her to arrange a date.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby David020549 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:33 pm

There are all sorts of girls and guys using online dating, some are just there to chat and some are seriously looking, some confident and some very shy.
Once you get to the phone chat stage YOU need to ask for a date, a coffee, a drink, somewhere public where she will be comfortable. Either she will accept and you will agree a mutual date or she will make excuses or may even chicken out and not turn up, in that case move on.
Women almost never initiate a date, by chatting for half an hour she has shown interest, it is up to you to show her what a nice guy you are.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dawolf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:52 am

Okay I'm even more confused now. I decided to text her at the weekend to say I enjoyed talking with her and to check how she was. She didn't even bother to reply. Maybe I should've just tried to arrange a date but I don't like to be too pushy. I thought okay so she's lost interest or maybe seeing someone else. The other night she viewed my profile on the dating site though so now I'm not sure. I know that the best thing may be just to leave it now, but I just have a niggling thought that perhaps she is still interested. What do others think?
dawolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kozmikpariah » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Just read this post.

I think that it's likely she didn't feel any connection during the phone conversation and was just being polite, when she said about "arranging something soon"; that's a very vague and non-commital thing to say. Just chalk it up to experience and move on.

Are still on the dating site? If so, how is it working out for you now?
kozmikpariah
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives