Holiday Romance

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Holiday Romance

Postby Brightwey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:34 pm

I got back from my holiday to Tenerife 8 weeks ago and while I was over there I met this waiter. It was quite casual and he'd come up to my room after lunch everyday. At the end of the holiday we exchanged numbers and I wasn't really expecting much, maybe a few messages at the start but then I thought it would all be a distant memory. But it wasn't, instead we'd talk most days and he regularly asks me to go back over and see him. However I'm not sure if I should, it was fun and I liked him but I don't know about staying in his apartment when I don't really know him. I was only on holiday for a week and messaging someone doesn't feel the same as getting to know him. I suggested for him to come to England to see me and he was wiling had it not been for the fact that he is actually Moroccan and there is the hassle of getting visas and stuff where as I can fly over to Tenerife no problem. I've even tried to persuade friends to go there on holiday with me but it's not easy with work and money. So I need some advice, should I bite the bullet and go over there or just leave it as a memory?
Brightwey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Holiday Romance

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:53 pm

It all sounds a bit fishy to me, I'd would leave it
It is very very rare for these situations to work
He is a waiter, already in a foreign country. He got there ok but can't or won't get to the UK
If he cared he would not be bothered by the hassle or the cost
On a waiters wage I am not sure he could afford it anyway
What about long term, he can't come here and stay unless you marry him :o
Walk away now before you get hurt more
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Brightwey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Yeah I think I know you are right, guess I wanted to keep a bit of my holiday alive because I had such a good holiday regardless of what happened with him.
Brightwey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby pinkroses » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 pm

I would just put it down to a holiday romance and that you had some fun whilst you were there.
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby thewildchild » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:00 pm

Leave it as a holiday romance I would say.
thewildchild
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby stephie2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Avoid Avoid Avoid

So many stories where it all ends in tears. Keep your holiday memories just as memories and plan your next trip to make more :D
stephie2
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...