Embarrassing problem

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Embarrassing problem

Postby Rarity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:02 am

Hi, this is kind of embarrassing, but it's been going on quite a long time and I feel I could use some advice...

For a long time (probably around 3/4 years) I've had a really itchy bum. Forgive me for being quite graphic, but it's all around the outside and inside of my anus and the space between my bum and vagina. Its a very intense itch, I've tried to ignore it but I can't. When it starts I NEED to scratch, it's infuriating. I finally plucked up the courage to visit my GP about it a few months ago and she told me it was just dry skin, and to put moisturising cream on it. I've been using Anusol and Sudocream but it doesn't work... I also think I have piles (the doc said I don't ) but I had them after I gave birth 5 years ago, and I can feel a fleshy lump that I can sort of push back "up there" which makes me think it is a pile. I sometimes scratch that much that I tear myself "down there" and then it hurts when I go to the toilet/wipe myself. But I just can't help but scratch it... I'm embarrassed to go back to the doctors incase they tell me the same thing, but I'm starting to worry it could be something serious. I read somewhere online that you can become addicted to scratching, and I admit, once I start scratching the feeling is euphoric. But I don't enjoy this problem, and I would do anything to get rid of it! Has anyone else experienced this, or have and suggestions as what I should do? I know I should probably visit the GP again but I'm afraid they will tell me nothing is wrong again.

I've checked my stool for worms, as I was worried that could be the problem but I haven't found any signs of them.
Rarity
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Embarrassing problem

Postby Mrconfused74 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Go to your chemist and ask there, they sometimes have a room where you can speak in private, but it sounds like something that can be dealt with with a cream or suppository, so don't worry too much. It can be very embarrassing seeing a doctor about these things, I know I was when I found a lump in my groin, but it was nothing serious. But you'll kick your self for not going sooner if all it needed was a weeks worth of treatment with a cream. If your really embarrassed try going to a chemist away from where you live.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Embarrassing problem

Postby snail » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:47 pm

It sounds like thrush to be honest. I agree about trying a cream from the chemist, or possibly an over-the-counter pill - ask the pharmacist.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Physical