not been paid for the second month in a row

For any money-related worries.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

not been paid for the second month in a row

Postby island2015 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi all

Just needed a bit of a vent as feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment.
I have only 2 months ago started a new job and for the second month in a row now my money is not in my account. Last month i got it sorted manually by someone but just feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself as don't know what can be done at this stage and i have only 5 pounds till tuesday.
Does anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't have gone in, and how to make sure this doesn't happen in future, and especially on a bank holiday weekend?
Thanks
island2015
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: not been paid for the second month in a row

Postby David020549 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 am

It is up to your supervisor to sort out the delay in payment, if it happens repeatedly then you will have to change jobs because as an new employee you have very few employment rights and probably no contract of employment. I did read your relationship post, it seems likely you are a new EU migrant, so you are allowed to work and can make the employer pay up but if you loose the job it may not be easy to find another. If you are not from the EU then I hope you have the correct work permit because if not the employer will get fined heavily for employing you and if you try to complain officially you will be sent home as an illegal.
Regarding your other post, there does not seem much point in maintaining the relationship if you intend to stay apart living many miles apart. However make sure that you have secure legal employment before you burn your bridges, you may have to go back if things don't work out.
I have to say that your posts are in very good English as if they were written by a well educated native, you must have had a lot of English speaking contacts back home, that is no doubt the reason you got the job.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: not been paid for the second month in a row

Postby peecee » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:38 pm

The only person who can tell you why your wages haven't gone into your bank is your employer.

Until the beginning of this year, I had 40 people on my company's payroll. Every now and then, our payroll bureau would make a mistake and somebody wasn't paid, or had the wrong amount. Occasionally it was a bank error - but my staff knew they could phone me at home any time, and I would contact the bank or the bureau (also any time!) and sort it out.

If you haven't tried to get hold of anybody over the weekend, I really would have a serious talk with them on Tuesday to see what's gone wrong again - wages are the most important part of a company's business, you are not working just for the fun of it.

Assuming, also, that your company doesn't bank with HSBC? They had a widely-publicised, massive computer problem over the last few days, and thousands of people didn't get paid. Have you checked your bank account since your original post?

Hope you're ok, let us know when you find out what the problem was.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Finances