Help me make the right decision

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help me make the right decision

Postby hixy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello first post my name is Mick.I'll be as brief as possible. For all my life I'm 46 now I have suffered with depression and I guess it's shows its self in as much as im very quiet.I like quiet stuff now.My usually type are loud brash Marilyn Monroe types.My last relationship ended mainly because I'm quiet and like it that way.Anyway 7 months ago I met a lovely lady but really different to what I'm used to.She is very different in every way to what I normally like .She is quiet too, ideal really but for some reason something is stopping me.An old friend off mine an x said why won't you allow yourself to be happy.should I go for it .Do you think it would work.If being honest I'm just concerned about hurting her in the long run because she is very sweet .I guess I'm looking for the answer I already know.

Kind regards
hixy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Help me make the right decision

Postby Mrconfused74 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Only you can make that decision, but if you don't you may always wonder what if? Yes there is always a chance of hurting someone, but that shouldn't stop you doing something that may well make you happy! We all have regrets, I was in your shoes 20 years ago, and made the wrong choice, and I think about it even now. If you think on it too much you may convince yourself it's not right! Go for it! We only have one life!
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Why don't you sit down and tell her what you've told us?

Explain about your depression, about how you want to make a go of it with her but also don't want to hurt her. You've laid your cards on the table and it is up to her whether she wants to give it a go too.

I guess everyone who goes into a new relationship can't guarantee 100% that it won't end in tears and someone will get hurt.
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby hixy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Thank you both.I have told her and she is fine about it.I guess I'm just not used to her. Thank you
hixy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives