lost an broken

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

lost an broken

Postby grannysoh » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 am

4 years ago I lost my long time gf. Which was completely my fault. She was absolutely gorgeous an surprisingly loved me, then cockiness an arrogance creped in an I lost her.
I haven't seen her in 2 years and cant even consider another relationship. She still on my mind 24/7. I don't no what to loneliness is killin me
grannysoh
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: lost an broken

Postby Mrconfused74 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:39 am

It's natural specially at this time of year to feel lonely and think about those that we can no longer be with. But you need to move on. 4 years is a long time to dwell on what you've lost, and I'm guessing you will judge any other girl you meet by her standards, which makes it unlikely you'll ever find someone. Everyone is different and have there own qualities, but you need to get to know them before you see that. my suggestion would be if the reason your not over her is because you don't have closure, then can you text or email her? And tell her your sorry, and that it wasn't what you wanted! Or is it because she's with someone else that you feel this way? If so its time to let go, because she most likely has too.
You will always be lonely if you don't allow people to get to know you, but first you need to leave the past behind.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: lost an broken

Postby snail » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:40 pm

There must have been a reason that the relationship ended, and a reason that you didn't manage to, or didn't want to, get her back at the time. Are you sure you're not just looking back with rose-tinted glasses? Why is this still filling your mind like an obsession - is there some other problem going on or is your life otherwise very full?

If you're sure your life is otherwise fine and it's just that you have now changed and realise what you've lost, then try to contact her (after Christmas not before - don't affect her Christmas) and tell her how you feel. It's fair enough to politely ask someone if they would consider having a relationship with you (even if they are with someone else) as long as you do it considerately and take no for an answer if necessary.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives