Girlfriend being disrespectful to me

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Girlfriend being disrespectful to me

Postby Rich40 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 pm

My girlfriend of 22 years went away for the weekend abroad with a group of 4 women drinking and partying. We do have our girls and boys wkend a away. They have pics on FB with men with them in bars. She came home and was fine then Wednesday when I got home from work I said I'm going to play footy. Then she flipped stood there shouting and swearing at in my face called me all names slagged me right off. My words were why are you disrespecting like this I stayed clam asked what I've done as I had done nothing. She was very hurtful and I can't understand why. She is cold and showing no love or feeling I feel a stranger to her. I'm not paranoid just feeling hurt by the outburst and her action. She is fine with the kids and other people.
Rich40
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Girlfriend being disrespectful to me

Postby Rich40 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:08 am

We been out with of tonight and one let slip my misses was flashing her boobies most of the weekend my head is spinning with this can't even sleep. I'm in need so advise please
Rich40
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby snail » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:16 am

Is it possible that she did something with another man while she was away? She might now be feeling confused and afraid and this is how she's dealing with it? Can you ask any of her female friends that went with her if they know anything or have any ideas?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rich40 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:14 am

To be honest I not going to ask her friends they will say nothing happened just for her sake it got to me earlier and I lost the plot had an emotional breakdown and walked out. She is normally a party animal but while out last night with a group of for a birthday do she said nothing to me all night ignored me and was very reserved and quiet with her friends. I'm feeling now it's over it's not fair on me or our kids 17 & 14. She is fine with everybody else apart from me and any of my friends and close family. I have done nothing to deserve this.
Rich40
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby David020549 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Several possibilities here, maybe something you did not do, maybe she did end up in bed with a guy when she was away. If that was the case maybe she is feeing as guilty as hell or enjoyed the experience so much that she cannot get it out of her head.
All you can do is treat her with kid gloves and hope she returns to normal, confronting her is only going to make it worse so give her time and see what happens.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Rich40 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:20 am

Hi mate thanks for advise. I got up and got in car and drove till I got to place 40 miles away. I had walk on sea front for hours gathering my thoughts. I'm convinced something happened mate Im hurt deeply I spoke to her earlier she feels she done nothing wrong. I've stayed cool I'm gutted driving in tears can't sleep can't eat. I feel she wants me to react to this .
Rich40
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby David020549 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:28 pm

OK, she says she has done nothing wrong, maybe all that took place was chatting up and boob flashing in that case you have over reacted. The initial row when you went out to "footy" may have been caused by your body language or indifference and the whole issue has escalated from there without and foundation.
From her point of view she needs you to believe her so make the first move to defuse the situation , flowers and a bottle of wine or whatever she likes, then forget all about the row
Couples fall out over all sorts of misunderstandings I have found it is best to make up as quickly as possible.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mrconfused74 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 am

I'm sorry but a married woman shouldn't be chatting up or flashing her boobs at guys! So yes she did do something wrong. And perhaps she feels guilty over this. Her reaction to you going footy seems a bit extreme, was there something more to it than just that? Had something been said before, or had she just got back and so felt you should have time together?
I do think that if you can get over the flashing etc that you can move on quickly, and agree with David that by showing her you're past this may help things. Do you actually go out together just the two of you? Or is it always in a group? This isn't healthy either, you need time as a couple.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mrconfused74 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:05 am

Sorry I see you're not married, but even so such a long relationship she should have more respect than to do what she did.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Rich40 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks guys. I came home late afternoon yesterday an emotional mess we were both like this. Can I just tell a couple more things about relationship my self esteem is very low and I'm lacking confidence. We have no pictures or photos of us together yet her social media has lots of her with her friends. I have deleted all my social media just I don't see it. I spoke to her about this she says she is not happy with her appearance but photos with your friends. My appearance then ? She is a large build but I never mention it to her cuz she works hard and eats healthy to loose weight. She has worked in her work for 8 years and I never met any of her colleagues? She told me she loves me and done nothing since I've been home she has been very loving to me but this is not her. I'm trying to be normal Im so hurt.
Rich40
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives