Weight loss

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Weight loss

Postby Mrdad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm sure there have been a lot of posts about this, but I have a question, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a point at which, you will stop losin weight after stopping eating certain foods. My problem was more fizzy drinks, and energy drinks, it would be all I'd have, I recently cut them out, and started exercising more, and lost 12lbs, but the last few weeks the weight loss has stopped even though I'm doing the same things! So is there a point at which stopping the bad things in affect wears out and you have to do something else! Thanks
Mrdad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Weight loss

Postby jen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years and i've found that tje only thing that really worked when i wasn't exercising was a calorie controlled diet such as weightwatchers or slimming world as it gives me a plan to work with. However whenever i stopped i would just pile it back on so for the last six months or so i've been eating clean and exercising 5 days a week and that seems to work as the weight continues to come off and i actually enjoy having more energy from going to the gym. I think you need to treat it like a lifestyle change rather than a diet and just eat less and move more. I've tried many a quick fix but it always goes back on so what you're doing sounds good but maybe look at what you eat as well. Eating clean is always good too. I don't think the weight will stop coming off if you're burning the excess calories, however some weeks you can stay the same weight then the following week some more will come off so don't be too discouraged if it's slowed down.
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mrdad » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, and not that it's an excuse, but weight watchers or the like, isn't practical, we often eat as a family and it's not always easy to do different meals, and I'm not sure it's even what I eat that is the problem. Like I said I've cut out all sugary drinks, and alcohol, and exercise a lot more than I did. But the weight loss seems to have eased off. I know people say that it can slow, and that perhaps it's better to measure yourself, like round the waist, and chest etc, as this gives a better idea of losing the fat in these areas. I guess all I can do is carry on and see if I can lose it, be nice to have someone to work with though give each other motivation. Well it's weighing day tomorrow so I'll see if I lost anything.
Mrdad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Perhaps your body shouldn't lose more weight
Have you checked your BMI? Although this can sometimes be misleading but you will get a rough idea if you are anywhere near the recommended target.
Don't forget also that if you are working out muscle weighs more than fat so as you lose weight and tone up you don't get lighter.
Measuring is a much better way to check
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Mrdad » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi yes my BMI is high, and I still have fat too lose, so there is more to come off, I haven't started on weights yet, looking to drop some more weight first, then will start. I Did use to measure and have recently found some old measurements so will compare them, but thanks on the feedback.
Mrdad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby shobhituva » Fri May 27, 2016 10:26 am

Mrdad wrote:I'm sure there have been a lot of posts about this, but I have a question, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a point at which, you will stop losin weight after stopping eating certain foods. My problem was more fizzy drinks, and energy drinks, it would be all I'd have, I recently cut them out, and started exercising more, and lost 12lbs, but the last few weeks the weight loss has stopped even though I'm doing the same things! So is there a point at which stopping the bad things in affect wears out and you have to do something else! Thanks

That's some thing strange happening with you.. There may be other reasons behind not losing weight even after not having such things. You may have started in taking other fatty things that you had not taken last time. Just tell me the things you had during weeks when you lost 12lbs and things you are taking now when you are not losing weight. Only then I can tell you the reason behind this..

Edit: shobhituva - I have removed your advertising link, as these are not permitted on PP.

peecee (admin)
shobhituva
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Mrdad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:15 pm

The thing I haven't changed my diet, just cut out fizzy drinks, and cut down a lot on alcohol, and my weight has remained the same for about a year, I lost weight, but now nothing, so I've substituted the loss of sugar in the drinks with anything, just find it weird. And as it all appears to all go to my middle I find it difficult to shift it, and it knocks my confidence. So any help would be appreciated.
Mrdad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical