The local legal age of consent

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The local legal age of consent

Postby Lizzyann » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:06 pm

Hi i was just wondering if any1 in here knows what the legal age 2 get married in Scotland is cos my boyfriend n i wanted 2 get married as soon as we can 8) If any1 has any advice for me can they plz leave it thanx
Lizzyann
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby shz » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:18 pm

Well the legal age to get married in Scotland is 16, I dont know if u need your parents permission but i do know it is legal to marry at 16 in scotland without parents permissions .
I would suggest u find out the information at perhaps registery office or library resources?
shz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanx

Postby Lizzyann » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:24 am

I just want 2 say thanx 2 the person who replied ill take ur advice n try the library or a registry office thanx once again :D
Lizzyann
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby kitten » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:50 pm

How old are you? Be careful about rushing into marriage, it may turn out in the end that you are not ready to commit, I am 21 and married, but had been engaged before at 15 and wanted to marry him. But I didn't and I am glad as it would have been the worst mistake I could have made
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby shz » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:45 pm

I agree with you Kitten about making sure it is the right person to marry as I have been engaged at 16 but broken up with him about 7months ago as he wasnt the right person for me. but at 15/16 u think it is true love no matters wot!!
I am single at the age of 18 and especially more wiser!!! It is better to take time as u will find loads about the one u think u love later on.
shz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:30 am

The legal age for marriage in scotland is 16. You don't need your parents permission to get married but the "bands" - the info about who's getting married - goes up on a board and anyone can challenge it. But remember your still growing up at 16 and by the time your 20 you'll be a different person and so will your wife. It's an expensive mistake as my mum told me and boy do i know....
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lara » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:59 pm

Dunno about legal ages anywhere - my field of expertise is mental age ! Are you old enough inside there (pointing at head) and there (pointing at heart) ?

I don't know you but all I want is your happiness, which is why I'm asking these unpalatable questions.
All the best,
Lara
Lara
Just Landed
Just Landed

marriage

Postby sophie » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:42 pm

why do u want to get married? live your life a little, i was 24 before i got married, that is soon enough. you need to go on holidays with friends etc and play the field a bit before you settle down, or you may feel like you have missed out later on in life.

wait a while,if he loves you he will wait :D
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives