I lied to her

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I lied to her

Postby disney_princess » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:12 pm

Hiya,

Just lately I've been pretty down. I've been self-harming and stuff. A few of my friends know but apart from that..... But just lately things have been looking up because I've been trying so hard to make things better for myself.

Im really really close to my big sister despite the six year age gap (shes 20 and Im nearly 14). I'd give anything up for my sister including my own parents. I love her soooooo much.

Problem is last night she asked me if I was happy with my life and if everything was going alright. So naturally I used my first instinct and lied and said I was fine.

I didnt really want to worry her because she didnt have the greatest school years and I want her to be proud of me. :oops: She was really happy and everything because I'm her lil sis and she wants me to be happy.

Now I feel really terrible I've never lied to my sister about anything this serious and I feel so awful. I just don't want her to be dissapointed and go and tell mum. I love her so much!

Thanks for reading this.
disney_princess
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby saz » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:48 pm

Hi Disney Princess welcome!

It is great that you have such a close relationship with your sister, a lot of people dont get a long so well!

Sometimes we all need a bit of help with things and if you are finding it hard to cope alone you sister would be more than happy to help you i am sure. She loves and cares about you, and if you didn't want her to tell your mum i am sure you can ask this of her. I am sure she is proud of you and not disappointed in the slightest you sound like a very nice caring person. You wont be letting people down to admit you need help with something. Also you are not a bad person for not telling her if you werent ready to.

Your sisters experience at school will make it easier to help you because she will understand things from your point of view too. I am a big sister and i would never want to see my little sister upset or worrying over something that i could help her with. I think your sister would be very happy to help you with something and proud of you for asking her.

Good luck i hope things work out for you.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:26 am

I think you should talk to your sister
She will probably be proud that you opened up to her and to tell her everything
Me and my brothers have a close relationship and we always tell each other our problems my youngest brothers are 5 and 8 years younger and my oldest brother is 5 years older

Good luck :wink:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:37 pm

I definitly think that you should tell her. I too am extremely close with one of my sisters...and she is 10 years older then myself. She is always there for me and always wants to know what's going on in my life. I know that she would be very upset if she found out that I wasn't as ok as I claimed to be, and never told her. It may hurt, there's no doubt about that, but you really do need to talk to her. She may be able to help you like no one else can. It'll be a huge burden off your shoulders as well. I hope that everything turns out ok for you.
Will be praying for you.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Siblings