Sex and contraception: the pill

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is the pill a good form of contraception

yes
55%
no
5%
yes but not the best
40%

Total votes : 20

Sex and contraception: the pill

Postby nadine » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:16 pm

My boyfriend and I have been going out for over 2 years now. We have had a sexual relationship for a year and a half now and I feel that I should go on the pill. However I really don't want my mum to find out and she will if I don't start my period. I don't no anything about the pill really as we havnt learnt about it in school. Please somebody give me some info

Nadine 17
nadine
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Loopy » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:58 pm

Hi there

The pill is an extremely good form of contraception but like everything else it does carry other problems - it doesn't protect you from sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDs. It doesn't stop your periods though unless you want it to, as you only take the combined pill for 21 days a month, then take a 7 day break in which you will usually have a period.
You can go and talk to your local GP about which form of contraception is best for you without your Mum having to find out as it is confidential.

Good Luck!
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Angelic » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:07 am

The pill is a good form of contraception as long as its taken properly and you don't forget!

If you have to have antibiotics or something just make sure you use another form of contraception at that time as it can affect the performance of the pill.
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby TANLADIE » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:20 pm

Nothing is 100% certain I learnt this the hard way!But the pill is very good, I reccomend you still use condoms aswell!!
It takes thousands of people to ruin the world but just one to start making it better!
TANLADIE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:22 pm

Im with tanladie on this one.
When i was 17 i went on the pill without telling my mum and when she found out she was upset that i hadn't told her. Maybe you could talk to her about it first!? Would be the responsible thing to do, wish i had.
But i also advise you use condoms as well, double the protection.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:24 pm

Dont know alot about this, but i know at one point my mum was on the pill for ages and it almost made her infertile when she came off it.
Andy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Angelic » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:44 am

The problem with contraception is that there isnt one that is "the best", if there was we'd all be using it. They all have there pros and cons but you've got to remember the pill etc will not prevent you catching anything as Loopy has previously mentioned.

At the end of the day tho its down to the individual and their situation
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby missy » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:20 pm

i personaly dont think it is. you know of people stil getting pregnant while on the pill.teenagers are forgetfull (not all but quite a few) and the most common problem is teenage pregnancies when they were using the pill. they miss one and they could be pregnant. like my mum, the instructions said if you miss one take 2 the next day and BAM she was pregnant. thats my view anyway!!!
be yourself...... you never know what might happen! :)
missy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives