boyfriend or girl mate?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

boyfriend or girl mate?

Postby Nicki-claire » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:59 pm

hey people
last year my friend start seeing this guy in the year above us at our school. they were togther for a month and then she dumped him,
(by the way nothing happened between them). this was last may, but they are still friends. she gave him my email address just after christmas and i started talking to him on MSN messenger. Over the past three weeks i started to really like this guy and we texted each other all the time and meet up at school in break and lunch. He told me her fancied me last monday. i spoke to my friend about it and said to her if you still like him i will back off, but she insisted that she just saw him as a friend.
So i started going out with him. but now my mate has been really off with me. this guy even said to me that shes even him the cold shoulder to. my friends at school have notcied it too. i gave her three opportunities to say that she still had feelings for this guy! i really like him but now i think she does to! what am i ment to do? shes not a best friend but shes still a really good mate.
Nicki-claire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:19 am

Maybe she just needs a bit of time to adjust to it. Make sure that you and this guy are not spending all your time together cutting off your other friends, this could be the reason for her coldness - she feels left out.

She has given you her blessing and even got you together really by giving out your email address and passing on messages. I think she might be a bit put out, but should realise that you gave her a chance to have her say.

I think she will come round in time. Keep spending time with her making her feel wanted as a friend, and talk to her about it again. She might be upset for another reason but hasn't told you about it. It would be a shame to lose a mate over a guy but you two really like each other.

Good luck i hope things work out for you.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:43 pm

yes I agree. You did the right thing and she had an opputunity. She has to accept it. Just give her time and she will come round

Fidel
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cheese100 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:23 pm

hi
She may be feeling a bit confused about it all.I mean she was his ex and it may be hard on her getting used to the fact you two are an item now.Try to go out more as a three and a two(so she doesnt feel like your rubbing it in)and make her feel appreicated a bit more than usual.she'll come round.cheese xx
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Nicki-claire » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:47 pm

She seems to be ok about it now, my friends (and i) still think she likes him but i guess she always will. hope she will be able to except im with him now, and hopefully it wont effect our friendship to much! thanks for your advice people.
xNickix
Nicki-claire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:40 pm

glad to hear it has worked out well :D
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends