Regarding the use of Colloquial Language on here...

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do you agree that there is too much colloquial language being used?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby starrie » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:42 pm

Perhaps a bold message at the top of the front page/reply page advising people to re-read what they have written and to make it as concise and to the point to get a better response.

Also a warning that they may get a message regarding the spelling etc may help as I am sure some people with low self esteem must feel worse by getting a PM requesting they improve their grammer! No offence meant there but as tactfully as it's probably done it's always a bit negative.

Sometimes people spend more time asking what people mean by their text or slang which must be irritating for all parties.

I don't think spell check is the answer but if people think they need that why not write the topic on word then paste it into problem pages after a spelling and grammer check.

I think if people try this they may find they get a better response.

S x
starrie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Forum Support