Leaving Home

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Leaving Home

Postby Fidel » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:26 pm

I have 2 sisters and a brother. My Brother Andryi is 21, my sister Katina is 16 and my youngest sister Lena is 14.

My Brother goes to University and isn't often around but he's leaving the country to study Media in Germany for 4 years. He says he'll come back but knowing him, he'll meet someone out there and we'll never see his face again.

I get on really well with him and when I was younger, I always wanted to be like him - he's clever and funny and a great role model. I get on really well with Katina as well but I'll miss Andryi like hell when he's away. I can talk to him about anything, it's going to be hard without him.

Does anyone know how I can get round this problem?
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:19 pm

I am sorry to hear that he is leaving home Fidel but it sounds like he is going to a good place doing what he really wants to do. I am sure you are really proud of him for that and hopefully you will stay in close contact.

The best thing to do is just promise to stay in regular contact, emails phone calls and visit each other. His family and friends are all here so it isn't like he wont come home for holidays and you could visit him if your parents allow you. He might not meet someone and stay there, who knows what the future holds!

It is horrible when siblings leave home but they have to someday. It is nice to have such a close relationship with your brother and i am sure it wont change even though he will be further away. Of course it will be hard and you will miss him but maybe you will become even closer to your sister over that time.

He probably really needs your support so be proud of his acheivement, give him a wicked send off and make the most of the time until he goes, and when he visits. Good luck
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:42 pm

Well, He's gone - It's been really difficult. He always brightened the place up.....I get on well with Katina but this is tough to take. Our relationship is (was)unique.
He phoned last night to tell us that he's really enjoying it.......it wasn't much of a culture shock as we've already lived in Germany. I was selfishly hoping he wouldn't like it....but I want him to do well
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby luvva » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 pm

I understand what you mean Fidel, I think I am really close to my brother, when I was younger I would copy absolutely everything he would do. I still get a bit like that now.

I remember for this school thing we had to write some poems and there were different topics to choose from like, summer, flowers, technology, and there was one called My hero, and as soon as I saw that I just thought of my brother! All of my friends picked their mums or dads but it was his name that came into my head straught away.

If he ever went away I would miss him so much!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:39 pm

well, I've never followed my brother but we have common interests and he respects my views and everything. He;s a really good guy. He's really funny as well..............but he tried to claim that it was him who broke my neck :-?
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Siblings