We're baaaaaack! But where did we go?

This forum is for announcements about the forums as well as being a place for media agencies to post information about opportunities to be part of upcoming programmes. Only admins, moderators or members of the media group can post here but anyone can read the messages. To request membership of the media group please visit your user control panel.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. To post in the media thread please request access to the Media user group. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

We're baaaaaack! But where did we go?

Postby Jo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:44 pm

ProblemPages has been absent for about a month, here's why...

Chapter 1 - Disk Failure
My web host had a total disk failure and lost ALL of the data on one of their servers, which included ProblemPages and numerous other web sites - all of them completely gone!

Chapter 2 - Backup? What backup?
Unbeknown to me my monthly backups of the database had not been saving properly - soooo - I asked my web host if they had a more recent backup, but despite their web site saying that they make weekly backups the most recent one they had was from April/May 2004. It took them until 13th December to restore the backup. Hmmm.

Chapter 3 - New Host
The situation with the site is just one in a long line of frustrations I have had with that web host - so I finally decided to move to a different one (it can be a big job and is one of those things you avoid unless you REALLY feel the need). Hopefully the new host will be more reliable! Only time will tell...

Because we have reverted to a backup that was made on 7th May 2004 there are a few of things to be aware of...
  1. We will have lost anyone who joined after 6th May(ish).
  2. All avatars and signatures will have reverted back to what they were in April.
  3. All messages, private messages etc. posted after April won't be there.
  4. Your post count will have gone back to what it was in April.
  5. In fact EVERYTHING has gone back to the way it was in April - or, to be more specific 6th May.
That's it in a nutshell. Please let me know if you notice anything not working properly or anything wierd happening!
Last edited by Jo on Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Enigma » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:53 pm

Welcome back everybody.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Announcements & Media Requests