Family Ties

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Family Ties

Postby marks » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:37 pm

I have been seeing a wonderful girl for over a year now. Everything is developing beautifully and we have a great friendship. Yesterday however I discovered, unbeknown to either of us, that we are related. Improbable as this sounds my grandfather recognised the surname and we discovered that my grandmother is the sister of her grandfather, making our fathers immediate cousins. What does this make us? What are the moral, social and physical implications?? Ive assumed we are not breaking laws?!?!
:oops:
marks
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Gem » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:55 am

I don't think you have anything to worry about as it's your Dad's that are cousins, am not completely sure but I think you're ok. Anyway, if you like her this much, does it matter really??
Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?
Gem

Postby Llisa » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:41 am

Hi hun,
If your dad's are immediate cousins, that would make you and your lady friend 2nd cousins. Second cousins are awfully close is relation. There are no laws however that you are breaking, in fact, it's legal for first cousins to get married. Just to caution you however, you ever get married, there is a high possibility that your children would suffer birth defects both mentally and physically.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:29 am

Marks there is no law breaking here and the only thing you may find is that people will think it a bit strange but they're the people that arent worth worrying about.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives