Computer Crazy!

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Computer Crazy!

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:18 pm

My younger brother, who is 14, has some obsession with his computer - he will stay on it for 12 hours a day, every day, and usually will not come off it till about 2 in the morning. He keeps me awake, and so I'm getting ratty and annoyed with everyone because I'm so tired.
He even swears at the computer when he doesn't win, and has even thrown a glass at it -all because he lost a game.
It's just a computer, isn't it!?
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Sunshine » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:07 pm

My little brother is exactly the same! Its really quite funny, he shouts that the computer is cheating and everything! Lol! My dad gets annoyed with how long he spends on there and he usually pulls the plug out the wall. I think it must be something 14/15 year old boys do. Never mind, hopefully they'l grow up and get a social life soon enough and then they will have no time to waste playing stupid games. Does he share a room with you? If he does then pull the plug on him when it gets to midnight so that you can get some sleep.
Sunshine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:22 pm

Nah he doesn't share a room with me, fortunately, but my room happens to be right next door to his! He's driving me insane.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby smile » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:15 am

I have to agree with both of you there, I have a younger brother who is constantly on his Playstation. Although he is much younger it's still the same. You have to shout at him to get him to hear you! Lol. He gets so involved with it I sometimes wonder if he actually notices whats going on around him. :lol: Thankfully he hasn't discovered the computer yet. That's in my room so he has to have permission to come in! :D Must be a boy thing... :D
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:09 pm

I don't think that things change when they get older either, all my boyfriends and friends boyfriends in the past have been addicted to playing their computer games whether it be on the PC or playstation.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:06 pm

That's a stereotypical generalisation.
:P
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby BrinaBabyz » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:47 pm

hey i am a 16 yr old female and well bout your lil brothers.. i have the same addiction with teh comptuer.. its like i jsut cant get off.. i could sit on a computer for the rest of my life if i wanted to but my mother kicks me off bc its to much time spent o it. as soon as i wake up tis the first thing i do.. forget the mornign lemonade.. i jsut hop on teh computer.. its an addiction i feel in my eyes.. and well jsut be glad that your lil brothers are addicted to only a computer.. and nothign else..*eg.. drugs, smoking dirnking.. etc...* ive tryed to stop with teh computer.. its just a hard thing to do..
HolLa At YoOOOoo HomIe
BrinaBabyz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:56 pm

What sort of stuff do you use the computer for?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby BrinaBabyz » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:59 pm

i use the computer to well.. do this.. lolz talk to people.. look up things play games.. look up stupid jelly. go onto rating things.... it gets kinda boring and even when theres nothing to do on the net.. even to jsut see that its connected makes my blood rush.. is that normal?!
HolLa At YoOOOoo HomIe
BrinaBabyz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I was exactly the same

Postby Cat Queen » Sat May 31, 2003 6:27 pm

I used to be VERY addicted to cpu games on Ps2 etc. Seemed my whole life evolved around them, spent most my money on them too!IM A GIRL!! :o :lol: When I met my lad I started to realise there`s more out there than computers, I was living in a fantasyland, away from reality. It has stopped. But I still love pc`s, and talking on chat pages etc!! :P Think he will grow out of it hun! When he gets interested in other things and other poeple he`ll be fine!
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:23 pm

Hey darlin, I hope he does grow out of it, because it's just a bit...well....sad in a way, he has nothing better to do but play games on that sausage playstation! Fingers crossed he'll find something more....energetic to do, lol!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:30 am

My wifes younger brother is the same. He is 18 and doesnt have much friends if any. He stays in a lot and if things don't go his way he blames his PS2 and gets violent.
I tell him to calm down and this only riles him up too. My wife doesnt think this is a problem. I do. He is in my house and i dont want him knackering my PS2. How do i approach this?
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:26 pm

hey im a 15 yr old guy! games rule but i do ahve a social life. Plus girls who play games are cool lol they jsut let you relax and yer fun and thats all. I do have a social life though!
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:26 am

My brother has no social life whatsoever. It's quite depressing seeing a 14 year old kid never go out with any mates, if he has any :s
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Deadman001 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:39 pm

Well at least he's not hanging around on street corners causin hastle and drinking, just remember there are worse things that he can be doin.
"I laugh in the face of danger, then i hide until it goes away" -> Xander

"Lay it down, I've always been with you
Hear me now, With all that's within you
Be my savior, And I'll be your downfall"
Deadman001
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Next

Return to Siblings