Totally Heartbroke

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Totally Heartbroke

Postby Lolly » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:37 pm

I have been split up with my boyfriend now for 2 weeks we had been going out for 2 ½ years. It was his decision we haven’t been getting on well for the last few months which is mostly my fault as I was trying to change him by trying to make him into something that he isn’t. We work together so still see each other on a regular basic.

The thing is I have miss him a lot more that I though possible, I now realise what is important and that I love him and I don’t need to change him cause I love him the way he is. He is a really nice guy funny, kind and would have never of done anything to hurt me.

The thing is I don’t know how to get him back. I know he still loves me and misses me, but I don’t think he would be prepare to take the risk in case things went back to how they where. This has been very hard for him making the decision to end it and I think he is scared because he couldn’t do it again.

I asked him yesterday to go out for a drink after work, but he said no cause he can’t face me and he knows he will want back out with me and he is scared things will go back to the way they were.

How can I convince him that the same things aren’t as important to me anymore and as long as we are together that is all that matters? The last 2 weeks have been a real eye opener and I really believe we could make a go of this.
:cry:
Lolly
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:22 pm

I know how you are feeling - it's horrible isn't it? My boyfriend split with me Friday evening because I wouldn't sleep with him.
I think you should do what I'm doing - Look ahead at your future, think about whats good in your life, and what you want to do in life.
I know it's hard, very hard, but you have to think positive. I've been down for the past 2 days too, it's not easy to stop thinking about him, but you can at least try :D
Good luck Smiler xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:28 am

Hi hun,
It's tough, real tough, no doubt about that. But you know what? I DOES get better! GASP! :D When my boyfriend broke up with me, I tried to think of everything in my power to get him back. I couldn't bare to think about what my life would be without him. And oh my! What a shocker! I'm still alive! It still hurts like anything that after such a long time, he'd break up with me, but you know? That stupid old saying really is true...there ARE other fish in the sea! Don't try to force yourslef back on him love, try to get involved in other things and keep your mind busy. If you're supposed to be together, well then trust me, you'll get back with him. But he's the one who left you, so he's gonna have to be the one that comes back. I hope you'll do alright in the following months...believe me, they're hard alright.
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sophie » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:01 pm

hi there, i know it is hard i think we have all been there, you have got to think why do u want him back, do you really love him or is it the thought of being on your own again, what caused the problems in the first place, it might be good again for a start but what if it goes back to the same as before, you dont want to go through this again!

I went out with someone for 3.5 years and it finished, i could have easily taken him back but no matter how lonely and how much i wanted him back i didnt do it!

a few months later i met a great guy and we have now been married for 7 years, so it does get better, you might not think so but it will.

keep smiling :D
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Totally Heartbroke

Postby Kyle » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:40 am

Try and explain to him that, if he wasn't happy with the way the relationship was going, then try to slow things down. Explain what you have been feeling to him and if he does have feelings for you he will understand. Try and take things slower and ask him to call you or you call him. Maybe he just needs to understand that you love him. Listen to what he wants to say, maybe that's why he left.
Everytime i try to fight i fall,
without my wings i feel so small,
I guess i need you baby. x
Kyle
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives