Wifes mood swings

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Wifes mood swings

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:05 pm

At the minute my wife is experiencing horrendous mood swings. Her period is 20 days late and she may be pregnant. I was just wondering is this a normal thing for pregnant women to be like and does it get worse? I have heard horror stories and some funny ones too. Just needed a bit of help in trying to work out how to be on the right side of wrong, if you know what i mean. For example last night i told her i loved her and she said "stop talking, your voice is irritating me."
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Mood Swings

Postby Kit » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:46 pm

Hi,

As a woman I can say, that unfortunatley if your wife is pregnant then the mood swings may just continue.

When I was pregnant, my husband couldn't say or do anything right, I was ok with him one day and the next I just wanted him out of my hair because everything he did irritated me, the sound of his voice, the way he made stupid jokes, etc etc.

All I can say, is be patient with her, as a pregnant womans hormones are all over the place. One day she'll be up and the next she'll be down. Things will get better though.

If it turns out she's not pregnant, try sitting down and talking to her. Ask her what she's feeling and how you could help.

Hope this helps a bit
Kit :lol:
Kit
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

mood swings

Postby sophie » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:49 am

hi there, your wife is pretty normal if she is pregnant, the first 3 months are the worst your hormones are all over the place, i put my husband through hell when i was pregnant but it will be worth it at the end of the day! Bite your tongue she doesnt mean what she says, she just doesnt know what is happening to her body, its a big thing being pregnant and everything is out of your control. Dont take it personal and just give her support and space when she needs it.

hope this helps
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:46 am

well my wife is now 28 days late and has done some tests. She isn't pregnant according to the doctors but has had blood taken to see if she has an underactive thyroid. Has anyone ever experienced this and are mood swings a side effect of this?
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives