Policy Discussion: Help-seeking forums

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Policy Discussion: Help-seeking forums

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Up to now, the informal policy about help-seeking forums is that members should only start topics in them that ask for advice. So, if a member started a topic that was only an explanation of a problem and how they resolved it, this would be moved to the Chit Chat forum (and a temporary shadow topic left behind in order to re-direct to the new forum location).

Should the policy be changed so that a topic would remain in the help-seeking forum even though help is not being seeked? For example, members could post FAQs, how-to guides, and creative works relating to problems that could be found being discussed in that help-seeking forum. What do you think?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Rock_Queen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Yer i think there should be a whole little forum for it, it's a good idea, and i have seen quite a few threads round here like it
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm

Rock_Queen, you suggest that instead of allowing such content to be integrated with help-seeking topics, there should be a devoted forum to accomodate the content?
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Rock_Queen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:35 pm

yeah, like facts about sex, condoms, the pill etc....and numbers, helplines etc. If someone comes across a good site or something they could suggest it? :)
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:37 pm

Rock_Queen wrote:yeah, like facts about sex, condoms, the pill etc....and numbers, helplines etc. If someone comes across a good site or something they could suggest it? :)

Take a look here. :wink:
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby all_apologies » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:48 pm

I think a FAQ forum is a good idea too. For example, someone (can't remember off the top of my head who) posted about wet2dry straighteners, and another about running. They could be moved to a forum of their own.

I think a technical problem forum might be quite good too (obviously I don't know how much work is invloved so shoot me down if this is too much!) I'm always posting about my PC, DVDs etc in chit chat, even though these are in fact problems that I would like answers and advice for. Just a thought :D
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Support