IS IT TIME FOR ME TO WALK AWAY...?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

IS IT TIME FOR ME TO WALK AWAY...?

Postby lou82 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:33 pm

When i first met my boyfriend he was seeing another girl & had been for years. I wasnt too bothered at first but then we fell in love.
I never really asked him to finish it coz i didnt want him to know it hurt me so much-but he did know. This went on for a year & i couldnt take anymore so i finished him-i met someone else & wanted to be with him.
When my boyfriend found out i was with someone he immediately finished his girlfriend & turned up at my house EVERY day, crying and begging for another chance-saying he couldnt live without me, i knew he meant it. I let him sweat for months,telling him to go away but he wouldnt give up. I was over him and the thought of him touchin me made me sick.
After a while of bein friends i started to have feelings for him again and were bck together.
I know hes not bck with his ex but i found out she still rings & txts him.
I dont know what to do, i just think everything out of his mouth is a lie.
His family dont know about me either.
I know he loves me and wants to be with me, theres no doubt in my mind about that,he's so loving and would walk to the end of the earth for me.
Is it time to walk away again or see it through????

Pls help me..... [/i][/b]
lou82
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Llisa » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:41 pm

Oh hunny,
Walk away from this one love. Lying is one of the worst things that can happen in a relationship. My relationship with a man that I loved very much had a lot of lies in it that I didn't find out about until later. If I had known sooner, he would have been gone a long time ago. You know that this guy is no good...he may say he loves you and all that, but trust me doll, a man who lies isn't worth staying around for.
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ls_ddd » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:03 pm

thanks for replying to my post, i see what you mean about similar problems and feelings, but from your post i think your problem is rather more clear cut.

it really does sound like the problems from the past are unresolvable. i don't think he sounds worthy of trust, even if you could trust him again. and love without trust is soul-destroying, even if it sometimes feels good.
I know the hardest bit is knowing that he really does love you, it makes it feel as if one last ultimatum or compromise could sort everything out. it seems ridiculous to be in love and have to be apart. but a destructive relationship isn't worth it.

make sure you've got close girlfriends or family for support whatever you do, that way you only feel like you're going nuts!

best wishes,
lucy.
ls_ddd
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sophie » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:57 am

I know its hard but walk away, this guy sounds as if he wants his cake and eat it too. Is he still with his ex you dont know, he maybe likes the commitment he has with her and you are something he wants too.

If it is finished he would tell everyone about you and take you to meet his family and friends. I think this guy is playing on your emotions. I know it is very hard but make a clean brake, he will never change and you could find a really nice guy all to yourself, dont do it to yourself again, its not worth the heartache.

keep smiling :D
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives