He told me that he's gay

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

He told me that he's gay

Postby laz » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:36 am

My mate alan told me last week that he's gay. How can i look him in the eye again?
laz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:25 am

I think that Alan is very brave to express the fact he's gay, and he obviously feels combfortable around you.
Black, white, straight, gay...Everyone is still a person, and should be treat the way you like ot be treated.
I know it's probably a shock to you, hun, I can understand that, but I think you should stay the friend you were to him before he told you he was gay. He hasn't changed as a person, and I'm sure he will admire you alot if you support him :)
Good luck!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Sunshine » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:25 am

I realise it probably came as a shock to you laz, but its not as though your friend told you they are actually an alien from mars or somit, its not a bad thing to be gay and you will be able to look him in the face again! It took a lot for him to have the guts to tell you, you should be happy he trusts you with this. I know it feels funny at first, especially if your friend is the same sex as you, I remember one of my friends told me she was gay and I felt uncomfortable around her at first but I got used to it quickly. Your friend has not changed, he is still the person you knew just that now he has told you one of his biggest secrets, dont push him away, he will need your support and understanding. x
Sunshine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Don't worry to much!

Postby danni » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:42 pm

Hey Laz.
Just thought id say don't worry!!!!
If you and him are close and good friends then this should't botther you so much.
He has plucked up a lot of courage to tell you and he trusts you completley, he obviously thinks of you highly or he wouldn't of told you.
He is the same person and personalilty.
Just coz he is gay doesn't mean he will automatically fancy you, i know its hard to cope with but don't treat him any diferently, it will take a while to get used to the idea of it but you sound like your good mates and you should support him and show the same respect and advice as he would if the roles were reversed.
I hope this helps and be a good friend like you sound like you are. Goodluck!!!!!
:( Danni :)
danni
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kitten » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:48 pm

He was very brave to tell you and you should support him. I had a boyfriend once who went out with me for nine months before telling me he was gay and had actually had several boyfriends while with me - as you can imagine I was devasted as I was in love with him. But in the end he managed to tell me

We broke up and it was very messy but not all gay men are like this. I think it was very good of him to tell you.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

He told me he is gay

Postby atomic kitten » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:02 am

:D
Hi,
I know how you feel, my mate just told me he is gay.
I think he was very brave to tell you. Don't worry about it, he is still the same person you have always known, and i read somewhere that, he has probably known for a long time, therefore you have been friends with a gay person for a long time without even knowing it. And don't assume that he fancies you, because he probably doesn't. He will need lots of support, there are a lot of stereotypes about being gay, and he needs a friend.
I have Known my friend for 8 years and i never knew he was gay, the hardest part about it is that i have really liked him for a long time, and i have always hoped that one day he would feel the same about me, but now i know he never will, and that is the hardest part. But we are still close friends, but he tries to push me away, but i will not let him.
Your mate needs all the support he can get.
Try to understand, and don't give up on your friendship.

Take care !!!!!

xxx
atomic kitten
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby issues » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:44 am

Dam i wouldnt like 2 be in your place but these peoples advice sounds good :lol:
issues
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends