Best friend or ideal woman?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Best friend or ideal woman?

Postby elementary penguin » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:25 pm

Hi, everyone. this is me first post on these boards and I'd like some advice.

Last year I met a woman who I had a very brief thing with. Since then she has become my best friend. I've never know friendship this good. I love, respect and trust her completely - she also feels the same about me.

Problem is I've started to find her attractive again. When we first met I thought she was an attractive woman, because i now love her and realise what a wonderful person she is I now see a beautiful woman. I've never met anyone who I was so in sync with before, we're completely at ease with each other and get on amazingly.

On one hand i've got a best friend for life on the other potentially my ideal woman. But what if we did start seeing each other only to mess things up and end up hating each other - that doesn't bear thinking about!

Does anyone have any advice? Should I just tell her how I feel (we're probably close enough for me to do this but I don't know if I have the guts!), should I hint at my feelings somehow or should I just stop being silly and be happy that I've finally found a true friend?
elementary penguin
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby simply_a_dreamer » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:06 pm

Taking it from my point of view.

If you just bring it up casually, I know that I would probably be flattered.
If you say it, then it is something off of your mind (why am I not listening to my own advice) and who knows something might come of it. If it doesn't go so well at least you said it. No regrets

Friends always make the best lovers remember!
simply_a_dreamer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby tammybligh » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:41 pm

You've got to talk to her about it - after all, you may find that she feels the same way...

I was in a similar situation with a close friend, we went out for about 4 months, but when we split up we managed to resolve the friendship. We are still really good friends, and although I still have feelings for him, I can't imagine my life without him in it, be it as a friend or as a lover!
Oh yeah, and it's definately true about friends making better lovers....!! :oops:

It sounds like this person is worth taking a risk for, don't you think??

I hope this all works out for you :)
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby elementary penguin » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:31 pm

Thank you both for your advise. I needed to consult someone before I acted and as I don't open up to people unless I trust them completely the lady in question is - ironically - the only person I could have spoken to. This message board gave my another option and your help has been much appreciated.

I think I knew that speaking to her was the only option. If I never find out how she feels I'll quite definitely go insane!

One of the most amazing things about our friendship is the trust and honesty we share. If I'm hiding these feelings from her then I'm not being truely honest with her, If I'm not being honest with her I'm selling her trust in me short.

Once again thanks for your advise, wish me luck and good luck with everthing happening in your lives.
elementary penguin
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives