What can I do ?

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What can I do ?

Postby glamourpuss_1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:03 pm

My sister has just moved away to go to uni! We used to do everything together! :( Now that shes gone i feel lonely!! I feel that we wont go places together anymore, shes get a guy and i will just be that annoying little sister that gets in the way!!!! Please help me!!!!
glamourpuss_1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:31 pm

well i think if the bond between you and your sister was that close before then nothing will change that and she will not look at you as the annoying little sister but still a good friend! the facvt you wont see each other as much is a fact of life because obviously your all growing up so need some space for education etc but you will not lose her and i think your lucky to be close with your sister!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:19 am

When my sister got married and moved 7 hours away, I was heartbroken. I was 10, and the fact that we were so close made it really hard.
But we kept in touch, and I was able to see quite a bit of her. We're still teh best of friends 9 years later, and now I only live 1 hour away from her and I'm constantly going to see her and her rapidly growing family.
I know it may seem hard to get through now, but keep the communication up, and I'm positive that you'll learn to adjust and your relationship will become stronger because of it.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:16 pm

You're close to your sister, that's cool, but both of you are growing up so you need your space apart. You'll still see each other and you won't be the little annoying sister, her moving a way might even help your relationship, 'cos you'll not be together all of the time you will both look forward to seeing each other whenever.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:21 am

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder! I know how hard this must be a lot of friends have gone through it with their older siblings. There are plenty of ways to stay in touch and you'll see her during holidays which uni's get a lot of!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby V23 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:02 pm

I'm three years younger than my sister and when she went to uni i found we actually got on much better. It was great, i used to go and stay with her every few months and had a great time.
I wouldn't worry, i'm sure you can visit and you'll appreciate each other more when you're not together all of the time
V23
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings